Get a job as an ops coordinator
As a Operations Coordinator for G4S, you would be part of a team within our global logistics business taking orders from customers for secure delivery of valuable cargo.
Role and responsibilities
This is typically a full time role with guaranteed hours which may be on a rostered shift basis, although flexible working arrangements may also be available. The role is office based with a focus on delivering an excellent customer experience.
The types of activities you could be doing include:
- Creating, maintaining and completing orders for secure cargo deliveries
- Ensuring all records and paperwork are kept up to date
- Carrying out operational tasks including handling daily imports, exports, customs clearance and deliveries as required
- Co-ordinating shipments between vendors across different countries
- Keeping the customer up to date across all stages of the shipment process
- Providing a prompt, efficient and polite response to vendors and customers, escalating issues to supervisor as needed
- Ensuring compliance with safe working procedures at all times
Skills and experience
Ideally, we’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel and unemployment
- Excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organisation skills
- Experience in a similar administrative role would be beneficial
- Knowledge of customs procedures would be an advantage
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary and benefits
G4S offers employees the opportunity to work with prestigious clients, job security, competitive salary and benefits, and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organisation.
Typical interview questions
During interview your suitability for the role you are applying for will be assessed based on your skills and experience. Below are some example questions you may be asked:
- Describe your current / most recent role
- Why did you leave / why are you leaving?
- What interests you about working for G4S?
- What interests you about this role?
- Describe any administrative roles you have performed, and explain how your skills could help you in this role
- Provide an example of a time you were required to multi task and what you did to ensure everything was completed
Jobs that might be of interest: