Get a job as an Operations Manager
As an Operations Manager for G4S, you could be responsible for managing a large number of security personnel delivering different security services on customer sites.
You could be supporting the development, operations and profitability of your assigned area through ensuring the best possible business performance, contract compliance and delivery.
Role and responsibilities
This is typically a full time role with guaranteed hours, although you may be required to manage operations which are running 24x7 and therefore be available for emergencies outside of normal working hours as well. Flexible working arrangements may also be available. You may be based at a large single site or branch or be responsible for a number of sites in a designated area.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Managing your area of responsibility, including providing support, absence management, discipline and grievance, and recruitment activities
- Effectively setting out goals and objectives for your team, including those for supervisory roles that may fall under your reporting line and structure
- Acting as a role model and always behaving in line with our company values
- Driving employee engagement by personal interaction and engagement with your team in order to develop and coach them in their duties and responsibilities
- Managing contractual budgets in line with financial targets
- Ensuring all aspects of the required security services are being delivered to the customers’ satisfaction and in accordance with the contract
- Ensuring there are sufficient trained, licenced and vetted staff working at all times to meet customer and contract requirements
- Ensuring contract required training and screening / vetting has been completed for all security staff
- Developing professional customer relationships, responding appropriately to customer requests and concerns
- Completing effective health & safety assessments, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of any incidents, involvement in subsequent investigations and providing input into health & safety committees or forums.
- Completing risk assessments and site evaluations as well as completing monthly performance reports and billing schedules
Skills and experience
Ideally, we’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel and unemployment
- Prior experience of working in a similar operational management role , ideally within the security industry
- A valid security industry licence or accepted certificate of security competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interacting both internally and externally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to successfully manage a team
- Track record of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
Salary and benefits
G4S offers employees the opportunity to work with well known clients, job security, competitive salary and benefits, and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organisation.
Typical interview questions
During interview your suitability for the role you are applying for will be assessed based on your skills and experience. Below are some example questions you may be asked:
- What interests you about working for G4S?
- What interests you about this role?
- What skills and experience do you have that would help you to be successful in this role?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you were presented with a challenge and what actions did you take?
- Can you describe how you manage your time in your current role?
- Can you describe a situation where you had to work under pressure to meet a customer requirement? What would you have done differently?
- Can you give an example of when you have had to deal with an under-performing member of staff - what did you do and what was the outcome?
Jobs that might be of interest:
Location: Foster City, California
Apply now Field Operations Manager
Location: Oakland, California
Apply now Operations Analyst Manager
Location: Cary, North Carolina
Apply now Operations Manager - (Managing Technicians)
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Apply now Contract Manager - Mining Secure Solutions
Apply now Security Project Manager
Location: Houston, Texas
Apply now Security Account Manager - Healthcare
Location: Versailles, Kentucky
Apply now Account Manager - Healthcare
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Apply now Regional Account Manager
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota
Apply now Project Manager
Location: Slidell, Louisiana