Get a job as a security officer
As a Security Officer for G4S, you could be a member of the security team responsible for securing premises, such as building sites, shops, warehouses, banks and factories as well as ports and airports. You would be conducting foot or vehicle patrols, controlling access at points of entry, securing equipment and people, responding to emergency situations and helping to identify and prevent criminal activity.
Role and responsibilities
This is typically a full time role with guaranteed hours often working on a rostered shift basis, although flexible working arrangements may also be available. You may be based at a single site or be required to travel to multiple sites in the area
The types of activities you could be doing include:
- Presenting at all times, a smart, alert and visible security presence at the premises of our clients
- Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity
- Writing complete and accurate handover and incident reports and taking appropriate action as required on all reports passed to you at the commencement or during a duty shift
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets by complying with safe working procedures and carrying out all security duties as specified, including internal and external patrols, monitoring CCTV, searching people and vehicles as examples
- Reporting any security events and dealing with emergency situations, including initial alerts and evacuations, in accordance with site procedures
- Working as part of a team to provide conflict resolution assistance at client premises where there is potential for conflict
- Greeting, assisting and directing members of the public visiting the premises of our client
Skills and experience
Ideally, we’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel and unemployment
- Prior experience of working as a Security Officer in the security industry or someone who is confident following specific procedures and instructions
- A valid security industry licence or accepted certificate of security competence preferable
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Good customer service skills
- Attention to detail and alert to any changes that may indicate an increased security risk or unusual situation
Salary and benefits
G4S offers employees the opportunity to work with well known clients, job security, competitive salary and benefits, and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organisation.
Typical interview questions
During interview your suitability for the role you are applying for will be assessed based on your skills and experience. Below are some example questions you may be asked:
Describe your current / most recent role
- Why did you leave / why are you leaving?
- What interests you about this role?
- Why are you interested in working for G4S?
- What skills and experience do you have that would make you a great Security Officer?
- Tell me about a time when you successfully dealt with an angry member of the public
- Describe a situation where you have stuck to the rules even though others may not
- How do you stay motivated during quiet periods?
Jobs that might be of interest:
Location: Enfield, NS
Apply now Professional Security Guard/ Security Compliance Officers
Location: Halifax, NS
Apply now Patient Watch Security Guard - Part-Time/Casual
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
Apply now Security Guard - Healthcare Sector
Apply now Experienced Security Guard - Community Housing
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Apply now Experienced Security Guard
Location: Markham, On
Apply now Armed Security Officer
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Apply now Armed Security Officer
Location: Washington, District Columbia
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Kansa City, Missouri
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Elmsford, New York