Get a job as an installation engineer
As an Installation Engineer or Technician for G4S, you would be a member of the team responsible for electronic security solutions, such as access control systems, alarms systems and CCTV systems. You would work in all kind of business environments where high security solutions are a necessity and would be responsible for installing or servicing systems at customer sites.
Role and responsibilities
This would normally be a full time role with guaranteed hours working weekdays for installation or on a rostered shift basis if you are involved in servicing. However, flexible working arrangements may also be available. You would be working alone or in teams depending on the installation size and complexity and would be required to travel to multiple customer sites during your working day.
The types of activities you could be doing include:
- Planning of installations on site
- Ordering of required materials
- Installation of electronic security systems
- Programming of systems after specifications
- Testing of installations and troubleshooting
- Visual inspections and physical adjustments of installations
- Writing complete and accurate system documentation and updating records as required
- Providing customer instruction to systems
- Final handover and acceptance test with customer
- Providing accurate information required for billing purposes
- Ensuring compliance with safe working procedures at all times
Skills and experience
Ideally, we’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel and unemployment
- Prior experience of working as an Installation Engineer or Technician in the security industry or similar industries
- A valid security industry licence and documentation of a technical education is a necessity
- Confidence in following specific procedures and instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Good customer service skills
Salary and benefits
G4S offers employees the opportunity to work with well-known clients, job security, competitive salary and benefits, and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organization.
Typical interview questions
During interview your suitability for the role you are applying for will be assessed based on your skills and experience. Below are some example questions you may be asked:
- Describe your current / most recent role
- Why did you leave / why are you leaving?
- What interests you about this role?
- Why are you interested in working for G4S?
- What skills and experience do you have that would make you a great Installation Engineer or Technician?
- How do you stay motivated in a busy and changeable working day?