CaretakerLocation: Swindon | Salary: £27,040.00 | Posted: 29 Jan 2024 | Closes: 26 Feb 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15073
Salary: £27,040 per annum
Working Hours: Permanent, Full Time 40 hours per week Mon-Fri
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett Academy - Lime Kiln, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon SN4 7HG
Excellent Company benefits including Contributory Pension
G4S and Allied Universal came together in 2021 to create a global business which is now the world’s leading integrated security and facility services company. We deliver through teamwork and always act with integrity. Our caring culture puts people and safety first.
North Wiltshire Schools (NWS) PFI is part of a portfolio of over 50 schools on the PFI Contract, employing over 400 staff. North Wiltshire Schools PFI runs 3 schools and delivers key services in Cleaning, Mechanical and Electrical systems (M&E), Premises Management, Catering and Full Lifecycle replacement, We have built a dedicated team based at each contract who are delivering a great service that you could be a part of.
We are looking for an experienced Caretaker to join our team working in our North Wiltshire schools PFI based at Royal Wootton Bassett in Swindon. This is a full time role working 40hrs 40 hours per week, hours are 06.00 - 14.00 one week and then 14.00 - 22.00.
About the Role
As a Caretaker you will work with the Hard Services Team to ensure the Facilities Management service agreement undertaken by G4S for their customer, North Wiltshire Schools PFI, is of the standards required and expected as outlined within the Contract terms. Whilst adhering to company policy and procedures and Health & Safety requirements.
Some of the Key Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Delivering property maintenance and building services in line with the contracted agreement to the school site. Ensuring service delivery is undertaken within allocated timescales and budgetary targets.
- Supporting the Hard Services Team in the delivery of day to day operations of the North Wiltshire School PFI Contract, including opening and closing of schools, room and exam set-ups.
- To undertake and ensure all planned maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner. Ensure Statutory Compliance records are updated, retained and are ready for inspection when requested.
- To complete and submit all required information, reports and paperwork and ensure the smooth running of the day to day maintenance delivery to sites allocated.
- Carry out grounds and garden inspections.
- Be proactive in litter picking, spillage clearing and assist cleaning teams as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role must have a good understanding of Plan Preventive Maintenance Methods and be able to demonstrates a good working knowledge of Maintenance activities
In addition, you must be a versatile and hands on team player with a good M&E or trade background. You will have the ability to work proactively and have critical thinking and problem-solving skills while using a logical approach to your work. Being able to communicate well and effectively is a must
It is key that you are flexible and have the appetite to work in a demanding environment. You must work well under pressure and have the ability and motivation to work on your own initiative, adhering to schedule and job requirements as well as the hunger to work as a real team player in collaboration with the wider team.
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Refer A Friend incentives.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Confidential Counselling Services.
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical.
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.