Get a new job as a Cash processor
As a Cash Processor or Cashier for G4S, you would be doing an important job in one of our Cash Centres processing, counting and packing money to fulfil customer requirements.
Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment to ensure our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Role and responsibilities
This role can be available on a full time or part time basis, and may be on a rostered shift basis. A great benefit of working for G4S is that we have wide range of shift patterns available in order to suit your lifestyle and commitments. You would be based in one of our non-customer facing cash centres.
The types of activities you could be doing include:
- Making up individual customer orders ensuring that all cash supplied meets the specified value, quality and type, eg: notes or coins
- Ensuring all operating and security and safe working procedures are always followed
- Using various cash management systems to ensure accurate counting and allocation
- Working as part of a team to meet targets to deliver to our customers
- Ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed accurately to provide audit trails
- Looking for any differences or discrepancies in notes and coins that are received, and raising these issues with supervisors
Skills and experience
Ideally, we’re looking for people with:
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel and unemployment
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Able to count and do basic arithmetic quickly and accurately
- Good team working skills
- Able to use a computer to a basic level
- Comfortable working with targets and following strict and specific procedures
Salary and benefits
G4S offers employees job security, competitive salary and benefits, flexible shifts and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organisation. Full training will also be provided as required to give you the confidence to deliver successfully in your role.
Typical interview questions
During interview your suitability for the role you are applying for will be assessed based on your skills and experience. Below are some example questions you may be asked:
- Describe your current / most recent role
- Why did you leave / why are you leaving?
- What interests you about working for G4S?
- What interests you about this role?
- What skills and experience do you have that would make you a great Cash Processor?
- Can you provide an example when you have identified an issue at work and what you did to resolve it?
- Can you describe a time when you have gone above and beyond to deliver in your job?
Jobs that might be of interest: