Get a new job as a Cash Driver
As a Cash Driver or Secure Driver for G4S you would be safely and securely transporting cash and valuables between our customers, banks and cash centres. You could also get involved in re-stocking cash machines in banks or other retail premises.
Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to strict safety and security procedures within to ensure our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Role and responsibilities
This is typically a full time role with guaranteed hours often working on a rostered shift basis, although flexible working arrangements may also be available. You will spend the majority of your day driving on short or medium length journeys on a range of routes in your area.
The types of activities you could be doing include:
- Transporting cash and valuables between customers’ premises, banks and cash centres within specified time windows
- Checking orders and accurately loading and unloading in secure areas
- Dealing with emergency situations in accordance with procedures
- Following company procedures to ensure the security of cash, staff and vehicle is maintained at all times
- Presenting a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the safety equipment provided
- Maintaining good, safe and courteous driving behaviour
- Carrying out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects
- Ensuring compliance with safe working procedures at all times
Skills and experience
Ideally, we’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel and unemployment
- A valid driving licence
- Confident following specific procedures and instructions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience in a driving role would be beneficial
- Attention to detail with focus on security
- A valid security industry licence would be preferable
Salary and benefits
G4S offers employees the opportunity to carry out important security based work, job security, competitive salary and benefits, and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organisation. Full training will also be provided as required to give you the confidence to deliver successfully in your role.
Typical interview questions
During interview your suitability for the role you are applying for will be assessed based on your skills and experience. Below are some example questions you may be asked:
- Describe your current / most recent role
- Why did you leave / why are you leaving?
- What interests you about working for G4S?
- What interests you about this role?
- What skills and experience do you have that would make you a great Cash Driver for G4S?
- How do you motivate yourself when you are working alone?
- Provide an example of when you had a difficult customer experience and how did you deal with it?
- How have you felt when a work colleague took a shortcut or broke procedures to save time? What did you do?
- Provide an example of a situation where you have gone above and beyond to give great customer service to your customer or the business
Jobs that might be of interest:
Location: Various locations across South Africa
Apply now Transportation Officer- Basingstoke
Apply now Branch Security Officer - Port Shepstone- G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Location: Port Shepstone