Paramedic/Offshore Medic - Deputy Team Leader (IRAQ)
Number of Positions: 5
Job Category: Risk
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: March 19, 2013
G4S Risk Management is the specialist protective security and consulting arm of G4S plc, the world’s leading international security solutions group and a FTSE 100 listed company. It builds on the comprehensive experience and the global expertise of G4S, with its 600,000 employees and an annual turnover in excess of £5 billion. G4S Risk Management provides a range of services for clients operating in complex or sensitive environments.
The Deputy Team Leader will provide support to the Team Leader in the command and control of individual High and Low Profile PSD missions Iraq wide. The job holder will have completed a recognised close protection course and have a minimum of 3 years experience working as a Paramedic / Offshore medic. You will be either an HPC Registered Paramedic, a Registered Nurse with critical care qualification or hold an HSE Offshore Medic Certificate. Previous commercial experience in a hostile environment or recent military experience is essential.
The posting is on a rotation 9 weeks in country 3 weeks out and is subject to a 12 month service agreement. The salary is $120,000 per annum and is paid in 12 equal monthly instalments across the life of the service agreement.
- To support the PSD TL in the command and control of the PSD, to ensurethat team members are adequately informed, skilled, equipped and supervised to conduct their duties safely, in compliance with the Host Nation’s rules and regulations, G4S policies and SOPs.
- Ensure all medical equipment is maintained in an operational condition.
- Maintain all equipment and medicines in a sterile state before ‘use by date’.
- Provide immediate emergency medical support (Trauma or Primary Care) to personnel.
- Liaise with specialist medical departments such as air support and evacuation teams.
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of clinical guidelines and treatment advancements.
- Demonstrate Continuous Professional Development of medical skills and treatment techniques.
- Take on the full responsibilities of Team Leader when on leave or if deemed necessary.
- Ensurethat G4S Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed at all times.
- Gatherand analyse information / intelligence required for the planning, rehearsal and safe execution of a PSD mission.
- Submit, in time, the required documentation for the approval of PSD missions according to G4S SOPsand the Host Nation’s rules and regulations.
- Liaise/ meet with the client in an appropriate manner.
- Prepare and conduct briefings to PSD team members, client(s) and Management during the planning and execution of a PSD mission.
- Reportall incidents according to the Host Nation’s rules and regulations, G4S policy and SOPs.
- Delegatetasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the PSD. Where appropriate escalate these to TL for visibility.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise PSD team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Assist the TL to Plan, coordinate, administrate and execute the day to day team administration and training.
- Accuratelycompile and on time submit the required PSD team returns.
- Conductperformance evaluations as per G4S directives and mentor all personnel through formal channels.
- Maintaina high standard of welfare, morale and discipline within the team.
- Execute any other tasks commensurate to th PSD DTL's role as deemed appropriate by the TL, Project Manager or Ops Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS).
- Experience training and working with multi-national personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years checkable experience in UK/Commonwealth or other Western Military Forces with operational and medical experience in a hostile environment.
- must provide valid registration as a paramedic with HCP / RGN / EMT(P).
- 2-3 years post graduate/qualifying experience working in active ambulance care or medical emergency room.