Aviation Terminal Security Supervisor
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $80000 - $80000
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:Risk Consulting
Closing Date: March 22, 2011
Here at G4S, it’s hard to comprehend what a massive scale we work on. We’re the world’s leading name in security solutions in the private sector – and the work we do helps to ensure the safety and welfare of millions of people in more than 110 countries worldwide.
At G4S Risk Management, we provide risk mitigation, secure support and integrated solutions for a range of clients operating in complex or sensitive environments, including both Iraq and Afghanistan. Our core business is devising and implementing effective solutions to our clients' complex security issues, enabling them to work more securely and confidently, even in the most hazardous situations.
G4S Risk Management is responsible for the physical security of Baghdad International Airport and its environs. The environment varies from high intensity population areas such as the main checkpoint and the Airport Terminal to more open environments such as perimeter and airside patrolling.
We now require an Aviation Terminal Security Supervisor (AVSEC).
- Ensure the ICAO/ICAA/G4S Security and Safety Standards are met and delivered to the highest achievable Customer Service Standards.
- You will be responsible for supervising the screening of passengers, crew and airport personnel to a recognised international standard, by means of WTMD and physical search within the terminal search areas.
- You will supervise the screening process of all passengers, crew and airport personnel baggage and equipment by X-Ray.
- You will be responsible for ensuring access control is maintained for those persons entering the restricted zone.
- Manage the access control into restricted zones and maintaining the landside/airside barrier.
- Deliver G4S Standards of Excellence when dealing with Diplomatic passengers and develop positive working relationships with Government Agencies, ICAA staff and BIAP stakeholders.
- Provide timely and accurate information on daily operations to the Terminal AVSEC Manager.
- Respond and assist with contingency planning. Allocating resources when meeting the demand of increased passenger traffic or manage emergency responses in conjunction with the Terminal AVSEC Manager and Operations Director.
- Mentor and coach Local National Aviation Security Team Leaders to ensure weekly and monthly mandatory checks and records are completed.
- Liaise with Control Authorities to ensure all confiscations are correctly accounted for and receipted as appropriate.
- Initiate the appropriate documentation for confiscations and ensure the correct procedure is carried out for the safe keeping of those articles until they are disposed of.
- Ensure that authorised weapons procedures are compiled when weapons enter the terminal including safe handling, record keeping and storage.
- Manage, coach and mentor staff ensuring G4S Standards of Excellence are being delivered.
- Monitor all staff on a daily basis and produce quarterly assessments on Local National AVSEC Team Leaders.
- Through the monitoring process identify, develop and implement remedial training as required to maintain and exceed G4S Security Standards.
- Implement G4S Disciplinary Action or G4S Grievance procedures as required.
- Motivate staff and provide for effective two way communication within the security department to encourage feedback and promote improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Conduct on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure that G4S Health and Safety Standards are implemented and report issues.
- Ensure mandatory checks are carried out and areas of concern are addressed as required. Identify any know or potential breaches and record and report all incidents to the Terminal AVSEC Manager.
- Undertake any additional duties including administration as may be required by the Terminal AVSEC Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be considered for this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate at least the following essential criteria:
- Proven knowledge and experience of providing aviation security to international standard.
- A level educated, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years previous aviation experience, gained within aviation, military, police or security access control role (or equivalent).
- AVSEC Security Course (Level Two).
- Experience in working in hostile environments is advantageous.
Skills and Ability:
- Proven management and leadership skills in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven verbal and written management skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised, in a fast paced team environment.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with excellent customer focus.
- Proven supervision skills and the ability to work unsupervised and under pressure in a fast paced, high risk environment.
- Proven IT skills in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word & Power Point).
- Competent skills in radio communication procedures.