Get a job as a receptionist
As a Receptionist for G4S, you would be representing our customer’s front of house, so first impressions are very important. You would ensure that all visitors are received and dealt with in a professional and courteous manner, whilst ensuring security of the premises.
Role and responsibilities
This could be a full time or part time role with guaranteed hours which may be on a rostered shift basis. You would be based at our client’s site.
The types of activities you could be doing include:
- Providing a friendly, courteous and professional meet and greet service for all clients
- Providing a prompt, efficient and polite response to both internal and external telephone calls, operating the switchboard, handling and transferring calls as required
- Issuing ID / visitors badges to staff and visitors
- Contacting the appropriate individual to meet their visitor
- Arranging hospitality services such as booking meeting rooms and providing refreshments for visitors
- Arranging for local courier pick ups as requested
- Accept courier deliveries and notify the recipient of their arrival
- Liaising and co-operating with security, contacting them for all types of security breaches and problems
Skills and experience
Ideally, we’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel and unemployment
- Excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organisation skills
- Experience of working with a switchboard would be beneficial
Salary and benefits
G4S offers employees the opportunity to work with prestigious clients, job security, competitive salary and benefits, and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organisation.
Typical interview questions
During interview your suitability for the role you are applying for will be assessed based on your skills and experience. Below are some example questions you may be asked:
- Describe your current / most recent role
- Why did you leave / why are you leaving?
- What interests you about working for G4S?
- What interests you about this role?
- Describe any telephone work or customer service roles you have performed, and explain how your skills could help you in this role
- Provide an example of a time you were required to multi task and what you did to ensure everything was completed
Similar job roles
Jobs that might be of interest: