Principal Applications Support Analyst
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Asia and Middle East
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: August 19, 2013
His/her main role is to provide excellent customer focused service - encompassing application availability, patching, performance tuning, 2nd level support (24x7) and release management.
The Principal Applications Support Analyst will provide a highly effective, proactive and responsive applications support service to customers globally, ensuring that the applications/systems operate efficiently, reliably and to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Maintains application support processes, and ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Issues may be resolved by providing advice or training to users, by devising corrections (permanent or temporary) for faults, making general or site-specific modifications, updating documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements
- Support will involve close collaboration with the development teams and/or with colleagues specialising in different areas, such as Database administration or Network support.
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Owns, manages and resolves incidents/faults logged against applications/systems supported by the Applications Support team to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Analyses problems and incidents, ensuring completeness of root cause for major/critical incidents, and where possible identifies, resolves or provides workarounds, suggestions and improvements to mitigate future incidents. Ensures full documentation has been developed and change management followed.
- Liaises with third party suppliers and contractors as required to maintain levels of support/service; upgrades and integrates new requirements in partnerships with colleagues.
- Ensures applications/software environments are fully maintained with appropriately supported revisions, fixes, updates, patches and/or service packs in line with corporate system maintenance policies. Prior to installation ensures full testing, sign off and change management approval has been obtained prior to release into production environment.
- Coordinates/implements the installation, testing and release of vendor-supplied software upgrades and revisions.
- Leads or assists in the resolution of software problems by designing and implementing appropriate fixes and enhancements in conjunction with the Systems Development team.
- Designs and leads business continuity and system resolution/recovery activities.
- Recommends and assists with developing improvements around support processes, tools, standards and the overall performance and level of support provided by the Applications Support team.
- Manages the fulfilment of requests for application access, ensuring full compliance to agreed SLA’s, security policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains standard support procedures and other documentation as required to ensure the support, availability and continuity of services to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Proactively monitors applications/systems to capture potential issues (e.g. alerts, performance) before they occur, in accordance with monitoring/maintenance procedures.
- Carries out operational maintenance of applications/systems in line with agreed maintenance policies and SLA’s, ensuring any maintenance applied is fully supported.
- Develops scripts (e.g., operating system shell scripts or SQL scripts) for diagnostic or system monitoring purposes.
- Prepares management information to input into management reporting in respect to service levels and support activities (e.g. dashboards, rag status, SLA’s, KPI’s. risks/issues).
- Maintains, and identifies opportunities to improve, application and software support methods, standards, KPI’s and SLA’s across all supported applications and software.
- Provides assistance to the Systems Development team and QA team with testing and deployment of application/software changes/releases through the formal change management processes.
- Leads or participates in the process of integrating and releasing new application/software functionality into the production environment, ensuring all service acceptance and operational deliverables have been successfully developed and agreed prior to handover.
- Builds and maintain effective working relationships within the team and externally (with suppliers, partners and vendors).
The Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years hands on experience supporting applications built in .net and SQL.
- 5+ years of hands on experience on all or some of the following; SQL Server administration & maintenance, Asp.Net, Ajax, jQuery, XML and WCF / Web services
- Experience of working on SSRS and SSIS
- Experience of working in Visual Studio 2010 / 12 Ultimate and TFS
- Experience of supporting mission critical applications web applications with high business transactions and large volume of users.
- Experience in performance tuning of web applications and database tuning.
- 1+ Experience of supporting applications running in Microsoft Azure or any cloud platform
- 3+ years strong background in service delivery and/or service desk management with a proven track record of delivering a first class customer focused support service
- Experience of supporting an application providing service to an international user community and across multiple time zones
- A certificate in ITIL intermediate level as a minimum
- Experience in Capacity and Availability Management, Service Level Management, Continuity Management.
- A good working knowledge of formal change and release management processes, with experience of version management and change control software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of management.
- Strong customer focus – meeting and exceeding expectations, resolving issues and developing solutions to meet customer needs
- Self-driven with a “making a difference” attitude
- A proven ability to plan, organise, prioritise, manage and track numerous concurrent activities to successful outcomes
For G4S candidates, as a matter of courtesy, please advise your immediate manager of your application.