Training Officer Preston, Lancashire £25,000 to £30,000
Training OfficerLocation: Preston, Lancashire | Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 | Posted: 8 Feb 2024 | Closes: 7 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 14896
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Home Based, with travel throughout the North West of England (Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside)
A Company Car will be provided.
G4S Employment Support Services (ESS) are looking to recruit within our dedicated team across the North West of England to deliver the RESTART employability programme on behalf of DWP.
The RESTART contract will support individuals into long term employment across the North West through our network of Suppliers and Stakeholders and we are looking to recruit a team of individuals, in a variety of roles, to ensure the success of that delivery.
To apply for our roles you don't necessarily need experience in Employability or Welfare to Work but you do need to be enthusiastic about understanding the industry, passionate about delivering quality and success and have the skill set to meet the requirements of the role.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and professional Training Officer to join the Employment Support Services at G4S the successful candidate will design, develop and deliver training to upskill employees and participants of employability programmes within G4S and/or the Supply Chain.
- Work with colleagues and other organisations to meet the training needs of employees, the participants of employability programmes and the contractual requirements of the programmes.
- Design and deliver professional training materials for the participants of employability programmes. This includes development of materials, direct delivery of training to participants, and train-the-trainer to upskill delivery staff (Employment Advisors and their line managers in our supply chain).
- Ensure that the materials are evidence-based where possible, working with partners or undertaking research into the best content and methods if needed.
- Ensure that all materials and delivery are engaging, and support an accessible and inclusive experience for participants. Make any required adaptations in advance.
- Design training plans and maintain a timetable for training delivery.
- Follow up train-the-trainer sessions with co-delivery and observations.
- Collate feedback from all delivery, analyse and share the results to feed into continuous improvements.
- Both virtual and on-site training, regular travel to other offices will be required.
- Ensure complete compliance with all company policies, procedures and regulations and demonstrate an awareness of safeguarding self and others.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge/experience of supporting people with any of the following barriers to work: Self Employment, Voluntary customer groups, Health conditions , Medium Level Mental Health needs.
- Experience of delivering to groups and individuals.
- Proven ability to design engaging training sessions across a variety of subjects.
- Industry experience would be advantageous.
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload in line with strict deadlines.
- A proven ability to adapt to change and strive for continuous development.
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Charity work
- Refer A Friend incentives
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Confidential Counselling Services
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
We encourage applications from people from all ages and backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve at G4S ESS. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and well-being and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.
Jobs that might be of interest:Customer Services Assistant
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Apply now LOGISTICS COORDINATOR - FIXED SHIFTS
Location: ME5 8RZ, Kent
Apply now HR Advisor
Location: Rotherham, Barnsley
Apply now Customer Experience Agent
Location: Wath Upon Dearne, Rotherham
Apply now Customer Experience Agent - Work From Home
Location: Wath Upon Dearne, Rotherham