Night Security Officer Wellingborough £24,994.61
Night Security OfficerLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £24,994.61 | Posted: 21 Dec 2023 | Closes: 11 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15061
NIGHT SECURITY OFFICER
HMP FIVE WELLS, WELLINGBOROUGH, NN8 2NG
£24,994.61 per annum
Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week,
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, staff canteen, uniform, access to High Street Shop discounts, local Gym discounts and extensive training and development.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough is setting a new standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison is the UK’s first purpose-built, resettlement Prison. Opening in early 2022, HMP Five Wells is an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and residents feel safe.
Security Officers (SOs) are key to the effective security of our prison and we are looking for a number of people for the Night Shift who can fit naturally into this role to ensure prisoners in our care are held in a safe, decent, secure and stable environment. Ensuring those in our care are provided with opportunities to rehabilitate and make positive changes to their lives.
You will possess strong organisational and communication skills, and will be dedicated to providing a high quality security service.
- Assist in creating an environment that is safe, decent, secure and stable for our staff and prisoners in our care.
- Monitor and maintain control of all aspects of prison routines in order to meet contractual and legal requirements and security instructions ensuring all incidents are reported correctly and documentation is completed accurately.
- Comply with all Local Security Strategies (LSS).
- Monitor and operate CCTV cameras and radio networks in line with relevant procedures to maintain prison security.
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete where necessary an effective Assessment, Care in Custody and Teamwork (ACCT) system and Violence Reduction system to minimise suicides, self-harm and bullying within the prison.
- Monitor and respond to situations as they arise using the appropriate equipment to ensure that situations are dealt with promptly and the appropriate action/response is taken.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture across the site leading by example, this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner & follow the applicable safe systems of work for the role.
- G4S is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of adults at risk and the post holder must support these goals.
- The duties and responsibilities listed within this job description are not exhaustive and the job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Communicate effectively with people.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- IT skills
- Strong Resilience
- Knowledge of prison policies and procedures would be an advantage.
It’s key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios within the prison and you will be supported by an enthusiastic and committed team at HMP Five Wells.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and HMPPS and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Digital Support Manager
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - Part Time
Apply now Industries Instructor - Catering Workshop