Match Day Steward - Lord's Cricket Ground London, United Kingdom 13.15 hourly
Match Day Steward - Lord's Cricket GroundLocation: London, United Kingdom | Salary: 13.15 hourly | Posted: 17 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 9012
Match Day Steward - Lord's Cricket Ground London, United Kingdom JOB DESCRIPTION
Match Day Steward (No SIA License required) - Lord's Cricket Ground
We are looking to recruit Match Day Stewards to join our current team working at the Lord’s Cricket Ground, London, the ‘Home of Cricket’ and a key venue for G4S Events. Our Match Day Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff.
As a Match Day Steward, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures and grounds regulations
- Directing and assisting spectators
- Checking tickets and operating turnstiles
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements in all areas of the grounds to behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
From our Match Day Stewards, we require:
- Excellent timekeeping
- A positive attitude to work
- Exceptional customer service skills - a friendly face
- A high standard of personal presentation
All Match Day Stewards applying for this position must be available for 75% of major match days including two International Test Matches, One-Day International, T20 Blast fixtures and The Hundred tournament. This equates to working a minimum of 15 out of the 20 major match days in 2024
We also cover football games, exhibitions and concerts across the region at London Stadium, The O2 Arena, Olympia London, Excel London and more. If you're open to travel, we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
The broader G4S Events business can also offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle. Whether it’s flexible ad-hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available.
- Lord’s branded uniform provided
- Breakfast and/or lunch/snack vouchers provided on site
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
Interested? Click ‘Apply Now’ below, complete the following application form and one of our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Jobs that might be of interest: