LD/Children's/Mental Health Nurse MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire £30,728-£36,419
LD/Children's/Mental Health NurseLocation: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £30,728-£36,419 | Posted: 5 Feb 2024 | Closes: 4 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 13390
Learning Disability / Children's / School / Mental Health Nurse
Shifts: Various shifts, 40 hours per week, full time
Oakhill STC (MK5 6AJ)
Salary: £30,728 - £36,419
Welcome Bonus! - £750 payable upon successful appointment and £750 payable upon 12 months continuous service
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge where no two days are the same? Are you passionate about providing the highest standard of care for young people? Then you are just the person that we are looking for!
Who we are:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients. Oakhill Secure Training Centre (STC) is an 80 bedded secure establishment that holds young people from 12-17 years old.
We provide healthcare services in line with the NHS including GP, Dentist, Optician, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry. We also provide Immunisations, Sexual health clinics and Young Fatherhood programs. We provide assessments using the Comprehensive assessment tool (CHATS) that are utilised across the youth secure estate. The team is made up of RNLDs, RMNs, and RGNs RCNs.
About the role:
Are you looking for a new opportunity that will give you new experiences? G4S are looking for an experienced Learning Disability Nurse, Children’s Nurse or Mental Health Nurse to join their secure healthcare team. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the post holder will be required to complete assessments, and will be responsible for managing a caseload of patients within a secure setting. The post holder is required to work with service users from a holistic perspective, taking into account a variety of complex needs.
- Maintain own caseload of patients with a diagnosed Learning Disability or ASD. Complete initial assessment on all new referrals, appropriate care planning and follow up procedures.
- To attend and participate in the processes as per establishment policy designed to assist with patients at risk of self-harm/suicide, in line with NICE Guidance.
- To attend monthly supervision with line manager and complete yearly EDR to assess targets, progression and learning objectives.
- Work to support patients by using excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as patience and resilience.
- To provide awareness training and advice for staff on the care of patients with a Learning Disability.
- Assist with awareness days and workshops delivered by the PCMHT and work with the team to develop these further.
- Attend and participate in weekly Integrated Mental Health Team Referrals meetings to ensure integrated approach is maintained when discussing at risk patients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- 5 year UK history of residence
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working in a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience in involvement in innovation or change
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Evidence of working in a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving licence.
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Refer A Friend incentives
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Confidential Counselling Services
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Free meals provided on site
- Free Parking onsite
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
We encourage applications from people from all ages and backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve at G4S Health. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and well-being and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) Coordinator
Location: OX26 2NT
Apply now Deputy Head of Education
Location: Milton Keynes
Apply now Head of Education
Location: Milton Keynes
Apply now Night Security Officer
Apply now SECURE CARE OFFICER
Location: Milton Keynes