High Security Design ManagerLocation: Leiston, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 65000 | Posted: 4 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 8881
About the Role
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our Design Team. You will be responsible for the management of design activity across the Sizewell project. This will include production of quotations/Technical Submittals/ Drawings/Proposals/ Specifications for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of high security systems across the multiple phases of the project and the coordination & management of all design resources allocated to the project.
This position will require the position holder to undertake government security clearance screening to a minimum of SC level. Failure to attain this level of security clearance would make the post holder unable to continue in post.
- Producing specification / designs / quotations for any security related infrastructure within the project scope.
- Provide Security Design advice to the client as and where required.
- Carrying out detailed surveys of sites to produce a set of design requirements.
- Managing the workload and output of any additional design resources allocated to the project.
- Working and coordinating the design project with all stakeholders including the customer, subcontractors and internal G4S staff.
- Ensuring all works are carried out with the discretion and confidentiality required of the sector and information security is practices in line with policy.
- Ensuring all design & project documentation / drawings are completed accurately in line with all applicable regulations.
- Produce & update post installation project documentation.
- Assisting operations with planning, project control and project delivery from a design perspective.
- Providing design support throughout the installation phase to ensure that any changes to approved designs are verified against the requirements and comply with all certifications.
- Ensuring a timely response to all enquiries.
- Presenting a professional image at all times.
- Ensuring all quotations are accurately costed.
- Adherence to Company’s policies and procedures.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role liaising and consulting with end users ideally within a high security environment.
- Agreement to be screened to SC Level.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi task and set clear priorities.
- In depth experience of IP based security systems.
- In depth knowledge of electronic security systems standards including NSI.
- A working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Knowledge and good understanding of Enterprise level Access Control Systems.
- Knowledge and good understanding of IP CCTV system architecture.
- Knowledge and good understanding of Intruder Alarm system architecture.
- Technically adept with good practical skills.
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Google & MS).
- Experience of AutoCAD and MS project.
- Able to interpret customer’s detailed specifications and drawings and the ability to understand and further develop a customers design brief.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills.
- Strong numerical, analytical skills and a strong financial acumen.
- High attention to detail.
- Good level of customer service and customer liaison skills.
- Professional attitude to work.
- Able to work on own initiative whilst within a team environment.
- Proven ability to lead a team, manage a work load with quickly changing and often conflicting priorities.
- 5-10 Years Experience in the Electronic Security Industry.
- Willing to work out of business hours where deadlines necessitate.
- Willing to work away from home for a number of consecutive days across the whole of the UK.
- Enthusiastic with a real ability to learn.
- 5 Year checkable work history or evidence to support any period of unemployment, self- employment or time spent in fulltime education during that period.
- Right to work unrestricted in the UK/EU.
- UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
- Experience in a heavily regulated design environment.
- Experience of designing security systems within a critical national infrastructure environment.
- Experience of working within a Nuclear regulated environment would be an advantage.
- Project management experience or experience of matrix managing a large number of stakeholders to deliver a design project.
- Understanding of Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS).
- Understanding of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM).
- An understanding of site electrical and civils infrastructure.
- Previous or current clearance to SC level or higher.
- IT knowledge (Networking, O/S, Hardware etc).
- Experience of presentations to groups of up to 10 people.
- Significant Design Knowledge of any of the following systems;
- Avigilon CCTV
- C-Cure Access Control
- Honeywell Galaxy
- Southwest Microwave
- Allied Telesis Networking
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Pension/Life assurance
- Employee Discount Schemes
- Workplace pension scheme
- Progression, training & development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme
Jobs that might be of interest: