Health Care Professional Gloucestershire £16830.00
Health Care ProfessionalLocation: Gloucestershire | Salary: £16830.00 | Posted: 11 Jan 2019 | Closes: 8 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7295
Health Care Professional - Maternity Cover
21 hours per week (2 days on, 6 days off)
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to detainees to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of residents in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the detention environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional standards and G4S policies and procedures.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the HCPC Standards of proficiency and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
- Any other duties requested by line manager that is in line with nursing responsibilities under the HCPC Standards of proficiency
The Ideal Candidate:
- As per HCPC Standards of Proficiency
- G4S Polices and Protocols
Essential Skills Required:
- State Registered RGN or Paramedic with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of involvement in innovation or change
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- RCGP Part 1 or willing to work towards.
- Driving Licence
Jobs that might be of interest:Male Engagement Officer/Crisis Worker
Apply now Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner Doctor
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner