Events Customer Care Steward - Leeds Leeds, United Kingdom 11.00 hourly
Events Customer Care Steward - LeedsLocation: Leeds, United Kingdom | Salary: 11.00 hourly | Posted: 2 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8714
Event Customer Care Steward - Headingley Stadium
£11.00 per hour
Leeds is a vibrant city with a busy event calendar and there is always something to look forward to.
We are looking to recruit additional Event Customer Care Stewards to join the G4S Events Team at Headingley Stadium, home of both Yorkshire Cricket Club and Leeds Rhinos. You will need to be available for both evening and/or weekend work. We also cover cricket matches, football games and concerts across the region. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
The broader G4S Events business can also offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available.
Our Customer Care Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff - which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing G4S
As a Customer Care Steward you will be responsible to help secure the venue, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- £11.00 per hour (reviewed annually)
- Accrued paid holidays
- Outer uniform provided, including PPE
- Opportunity to work across the wider events team, with free travel to qualifying events
- Training & Development and future career progression
- Perks at work scheme - access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: