Events and Match-day Security Officer - Burnley Burnley, United Kingdom 12.50 hourly
Events and Match-day Security Officer - BurnleyLocation: Burnley, United Kingdom | Salary: 12.50 hourly | Posted: 2 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: G4S648
SIA Event Security Officer, Burnley FC
£12.50 per hour
SIA Door Supervisor license is required.
2024 is upon already and the G4S Events Team are looking for SIA (DS) Licensed Officers to join our team, working at Burnley FC and other events in the surrounding areas.
Burnley is a key location for G4S Events – not only will you be working at Burnley Football Club, but you will also have an opportunity to be part of broader music and sporting events across the region. If you’re open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
You will need to be available for match days, which could be during the evening or at the weekend. Within the broader G4S Events business we can also offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available.
Our Event Security Officers provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing G4S.
As an Events Security Officer you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks, ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Searching visitors on entry to venues
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitors, crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take appropriate action as necessary
- Dealing with visitor/crowd disruptions
- Securing licensed and hospitality areas
- Perks at Work Scheme - access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Paid annual leave
- Career progression
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel (to qualifying events)
You will need to hold your SIA Door Supervisor licence, however, if you don’t have this you can still be considered as a Steward, so please see our other opportunities on the careers page of our website.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: