Event SIA Security Officer - SEC, Glasgow Glasgow, United Kingdom �11.90 hourly
Event SIA Security Officer - SEC, GlasgowLocation: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Salary: �11.90 hourly | Posted: 21 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8922
SIA Security Officer - SEC Campus, Glasgow - £11.90 per hour
We are looking to recruit additional Event Security Officers to join our existing Event team in The Scottish Event Campus (SEC), Glasgow
The SEC is a key customer for G4S events and features three main venues on one campus, the SEC Centre– five interconnected exhibition and meeting spaces, the iconic 3,000 seat SEC Armadillo and the home of Scotland’s live entertainment the OVO Hydro – a 14,300 capacity concert, sporting and special events arena.
Between all 3 venues, we welcome world class acts with the OVO Hydro boasting events such as Kevin Bridges, Take That, Girls Aloud, Disney on Ice and Liam Gallagher. A host of high profile events, conferences and exhibitions at the SEC Centre and SEC Armadillo including COP26, Scottish Wedding Show, Comic Con, Diversity, Ideal Home Show and the Irn Bru Carnival. There are plenty of events to suit everyone’s interests and availability!
As a SIA Security Officer at G4S, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a wide range of events out with SEC Campus across Glasgow and the wider region, including the following venues:
SWG3, Edmiston House, Hampden Park, Ibrox Stadium, Celtic Park, Scotstoun Stadium, TRNSMT, Summer Sessions and many more.
If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
On offer are opportunities to be part of a wide range of events to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours whilst you study; weekend or evening work during your free time; or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available. Daytime availability would be required for conferences and exhibitions in particular.
As an SIA Security Officer you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers.
This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Searching visitors upon entry to venues
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor/crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Dealing with visitor/crowd disruptions
- Securing licensed / hospitality areas
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more
- Wide range of shifts available: both daytime and evening
- Holiday pay
- Workplace pension scheme
- Progression, training & development opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
- On-site parking available
- Discounted food and drinks on site whilst working
- SIA Door Supervisor license required
- Previous experience in events is not essential as full training will be provided
- Must be over 18 years old
- Excellent communication skills and customer-focused
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps. Our recruitment and selection process will include a face-to-face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Please note you must be over 18 years old and hold a valid DS SIA licence.
Jobs that might be of interest: