Event Safety Steward Scottish Football - Edinburgh (Dunfermline, Hearts FC, Hibs FC) Edinburgh, United Kingdom 10.42 hourly
Event Safety Steward Scottish Football - Edinburgh (Dunfermline, Hearts FC, Hibs FC)Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Salary: 10.42 hourly | Posted: 3 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8679
Join G4S as an Event Safety Steward to play your part in making some of the world's most exciting events an experience for everyone. You will be part of a team ensuring that some of the UK and the world's biggest events run in a safe, secure way, ensuring that everyone has a first class experience.
Edinburgh is a key location for G4S Events - with year-round contracts working at prestigious sporting and music events/venues. Not only could you be working at a football clubs - Dunfermline Athletic F.C., Heart of Midlothian F.C. and Hibernian F.C., but you could also find yourself supporting the broader music, sports and corporate events at Royal Highland Centre, Murrayfield Stadium, The Usher Hall and The Assembly Rooms. You could be part of making these events a success. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events in the UK.
Our Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing G4S.
As a Safety Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers.
This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
You will be employed on a casual basis meaning you can work as many events as you like and make extra income at weekends or in the evenings.
No experience is required as we'll give you all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however, you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: