Event & Matchday SIA DS Security Officer - Manchester Manchester, United Kingdom £12.50 hourly
Event & Matchday SIA DS Security Officer - ManchesterLocation: Manchester, United Kingdom | Salary: £12.50 hourly | Posted: 2 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8627
Events and Matchday SIA DS Security Officers - please note that you must hold a valid DS Licence to be eligible for this role
£12.50 per hour
We are looking to recruit additional Events & Match-day SIA Door Supervisors to join our team working at football, rugby or cricket matches, theatres, conferences and concerts across the region.
Manchester is a key location for G4S Events - not only could you be working at either of the two Premier League Football Clubs in the City or a high profile cricket ground and event venues, you can also have an opportunity to be part of broader music and sporting events across the region. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
You will need to be available for match days, which could be during the evening or at weekends. The broader G4S Events business can also offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available.
Our Event and Match-day Security Officers provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing G4S Events.
As an Events SIA Security Officer you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Searching visitors on entry to venues
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Dealing with visitor / crowd disruptions
- Securing licensed / hospitality areas
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
You will need to hold your SIA Door Supervisor license - if you don't have this you can still be considered as a Customer Service Steward, so please see our other opportunities on the website.
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete an online application form. Our recruitment and selection process will include a short face to face interview with a member of our friendly Recruitment Team.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: