Event and Matchday Security Officer - Leigh Sports Village Leigh, United Kingdom 12.50 hourly
Event and Matchday Security Officer - Leigh Sports VillageLocation: Leigh, United Kingdom | Salary: 12.50 hourly | Posted: 4 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8872
We are looking to recruit experienced SIA Security Officers to join our team at Leigh Sports Village - where a variety of events are hosted and you could you find yourself working at football, rugby or corporate events. In addition, you will also have an opportunity to be part of broader music and sporting events across the region. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
Our Security Officers provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing G4S.
As a Security Officer you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Searching visitors on entry to venues
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Dealing with visitor / crowd disruptions
- Securing licenced / hospitality areas
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
You will need to hold your SIA Door Supervisor license - if you don't have this you can still be considered as a Steward so please see our other opportunities on the website.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Jobs that might be of interest: