Crisis Worker BH1 1QQ 25.00
Crisis WorkerLocation: BH1 1QQ | Salary: 25.00 | Posted: 5 Feb 2024 | Closes: 26 Feb 2024 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15288
Dorset SARC, BH1 1QQ
Flexible Zero Hour Contract
Shifts: 07:00 - 19:00, 19:00 - 07:00 weekdays, weekends, nights
Interviews to be held 23rd February 2024
G4S Health have been delivering SARC services in England since 2012 in partnership with NHS England, Police Forces and key stakeholders.
For more information visit; https://www.g4s.com/en-gb/what-we-do/health-services/sexual-assault-referral-centres
Salary: £25 retainer, £57.50 for call outs minimum 4 hrs paid, £12.50 p.h thereafter. £12.50 for training/admin
Note: Must be willing to provide a DNA elimination sample to be stored on the relevant elimination database for comparison against forensic samples.
Job Outline: To provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service
Exciting opportunity to join the Shores SARC Dorset.
We are looking to expand our growing team of Crisis Workers at our Dorset based Sexual Assault Referal Centre (SARC). A vital role which will provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men and women who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff.
The SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including Sexual Health and Emergency contraception, as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
Full training will be given and you will need to live within 60 minutes driving time of the SARC
We are looking for Flexi staff able to give at least 4 shifts per month availability mainly weekend and night time cover with some Mon-Fri daytime to cover annual leave.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- Provide sensitive, non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff / patients receive equal treatment at all times
- Understands all company policies and procedures, delivers contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Recent NHS experience
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Refer A Friend incentives
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Confidential Counselling Services
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Weekends
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Apply now AMBULANCE CARE ASSISTANT (DRIVER) - PART TIME
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner (Doctor)
Location: OX26 2NT
Apply now Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) Coordinator
Location: OX26 2NT
Apply now Part Time - Prison Custody Officer (20 hours per week)