Wireless Technician II Utica, New York Competitive
Wireless Technician IILocation: Utica, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 1 Jun 2020 | Closes: 30 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NY052020WTIIU
Adesta, a G4S company, is looking for an experienced Wireless Technician that performs routine and restorative maintenance on the microwave radio system or other wireless network equipment as applicable.
- Performs routine monthly, quarterly, and yearly maintenance on wireless network elements, to ensure trouble-free online performance of the network.
- Identifies and replaces malfunctioning or inoperative equipment, such as circuit cards or processing units, and performs repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary.
- Locates, troubleshoots, and repairs problems and service interruptions in the network. Adheres to contractual service response time for network problems.
- Installs and terminates cable on 66 blocks, channel banks, cross connects, hubs, and routers.
- Works with vendors to resolve equipment issues.
- Tests and evaluates hardware, software, and equipment to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems and contractual requirements.
- Will be required to be on-call (24X7) on a rotating schedule for network emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with telecommunications systems.
- Working knowledge of telecommunications systems including circuit design, equipment utilization including DS-3, DS-1 & DS-0 is desirable.
- A working knowledge of IP Technologies, switching, channel banks, digital cross connects, is a plus.
- Must have a firm understanding of telecommunications electronics and DC power systems.
- Incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license.
About the Company:
Adesta specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers and government entities. Adesta works to craft solutions that meet our customers’ project goals and budgets, and position them well for future success. Adesta not only offers the engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator; we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training.
Why Work for Adesta?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: