Weekend Play Area Support Worker BRIDGEND £11,115.44
Weekend Play Area Support WorkerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £11,115.44 | Posted: 4 Oct 2021 | Closes: 18 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10512
Play Area Support Worker (12 months Maternity cover)
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend CF35 6AP
Part-Time - 16 hours per week, Saturday and Sunday
Salary : £11,115.44 per annum
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We currently have a vacancy for maternity cover in the role of Play Area Support Worker within the Supporting Families Interventions Team, reporting to the Family Interventions and Volunteer Coordinator/Supervisor.
Summary of Main Purpose of Role:
- To coordinate the development of the play areas in line with relevant legislation and standards.
- To assist in the development of the play area, to include constructive play sessions.
- To develop facilities for children which encourages a range of initiatives under the guidance of “Every Child Matters”.
- Ensure that the principals of the Children’s Act 2004, the National Welsh Assembly minimum standards for play areas, and all other national and local procedures, are adopted and adhered to.
- Ensure that the area operates its agenda as part of the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Assist in the supervision of volunteers to provide play sessions at all visiting times. Ensuring adherence to relevant standards, policies and procedures are met.
- Assist in the delivery of Child-related Family Intervention initiatives
- To assist and take responsibility for the play sessions including working alongside and supporting of volunteers, ensuring that all volunteers adhere to national and local policies.
- To coordinate the planning and provision of activities/play opportunities that enhances family engagement and the creation of a child centered environment.
- Check to ensure all toys, furniture and equipment are of a suitable design and are in good condition and well maintained and confirm to safety standards, so that they meet the varying needs of children and provide a stimulating environment.
- To supervise the play area so that clear behavioral boundaries are set and managed to provide a safe and stimulating environment.
- To use own initiative as well as working as part of a wider team.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
- To relate to all children and their carers in a welcoming and caring way.
- To have an awareness of the work environment and sensitivity to situations which may occur outside of the play area.
- To work within the prison setting, involving sensitivity to the children within it.
- An understanding of the needs for confidentiality.
- Must be computer literate with other administration skills.
- To co-work and communicate with staff of other disciplines and at all levels.
- Knowledge of equal opportunities issues and commitment and ability to incorporate anti-discriminatory practice in all aspects of your work.
- Flexible working hours.
- Collation of all daily, weekly and monthly figures relevant to the play area for the purpose of performance management.
- Adherence to the principals and procedures as per the child protection policy.
- Adherence to all Health & Safety initiatives especially within the play area settings. Also to assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture in line with British Safety Council 5 Star standards.
The Ideal Candidate:
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
Experience or the Equivalent of:
- NVQ LEVEL 2 or equivalent in children’s care or work towards is essential (NNEB, BTEC, C&G, CACHE, The Open University)
- Knowledge and practical experience, and/or appropriate qualifications in working with children of a wide age range.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook Email and Calendar.
- Awareness of local play initiatives within the community
- Car driver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the work.
- Assertive supervisory skills.
- Logical and effective organizational skills.
- Robust working demeanour.
- Ability to motivate.
- An innovative approach to the job.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
HMP Parc encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:IW Family Services Coordinator
Apply now HR Administrator
Apply now Digital Content Creator
Apply now Radio Instructor / Teacher
Apply now Complex Needs Support Worker