Weekend HousekeeperLocation: Luton, Bedfordshire | Salary: £9.50 | Posted: 22 Sep 2021 | Closes: 6 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10541
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We have an opportunity for a Weekend Housekeeper to join our team as part of our contract with Bedfordshire and Luton Mental Health and Wellbeing Services, supporting the East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT), managing health centres and outpatient clinics across the county.
This role will be based at the Coral Ward, Luton and Central Bedfordshire Mental Health Unit, Off Calnwood Road, Bedfordshire Luton LU4 0FB.
This is a Part Time role working 20 hours per week at Weekends on Saturday's and Sunday's from 8:00 to 19:00 with a 1 hour break. The salary for this role is £9.50 per hour.
As Housekeeper, you will assist with a number of Catering and Cleaning duties on the ward, ensuring that standards are met at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key Responsibilities and Daily Duties:
- Assist with the preparation of breakfast.
- Ensure the daily menu is on display both for Lunch and Supper.
- Serve meals to inpatients for lunch and supper, plus breakfast when required.
- Ensure the kitchen and dining rooms have been cleared ready for the next service.
- Receive and check deliveries from food suppliers and report any discrepancies at time of delivery.
- Put away and deliveries in relevant storage areas, making sure of correct stock rotation
- Record temperatures in the food safety booklet.
- Put away the clean laundry as and when required.
- Prepare the catering trolley and serve beverages, including mid-morning and afternoon snacks when required.
- Temperature recording of ward refrigerators twice daily, reporting and acting upon temperature failures.
- Ensure the daily cleaning schedule is completed and signed off daily.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Reliable and conscientious with a keen eye for detail.
- Good Customer Service skills.
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- Ability to work as a team.
Previous cleaning experience would be an advantage but no experience necessary, as full training will be provided.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
Jobs that might be of interest:Housekeeper
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Apply now Weekend Cleaner
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Apply now Relief Cleaner
Location: London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Apply now Domestic Supervisor
Location: Homerton, Greater London
Apply now Cleaner
Location: London E2 7NQ