Warehouse Operative - Vaults (Part Time) Liverpool £12.48 in first 6 months, rising to £13.08 after 12 months
Warehouse Operative - Vaults (Part Time)Location: Liverpool | Salary: £12.48 in first 6 months, rising to £13.08 after 12 months | Posted: 30 May 2022 | Closes: 26 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7530
Paid overtime, Up To 5 weeks paid holiday, sickness pay, free company uniform and PPE, pension, employee assistance and life assurance schemes and full training.
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
● Operate in receipt and dispatch function dealing with internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for ensuring accurate and secure loading/unloading of CIT, ATM and Trunker vehicles.
● Carry out daily Vault Audits, identifying and investigating discrepancies and report to management as necessary.
● Be aware of health and safety issues and ensure all staff are able to work in a safe manner.
● Control exit and entry of vehicles to loading bay(s) and branch where applicable.
● Must always adhere to Operational Standing Orders.
● Complete all necessary paperwork and ensure records are retained and stored correctly.
● Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
● Liaise with other departments, branches, customers and suppliers, as appropriate, to resolve issues and maintain service.
● Follow company procedures to ensure the security of cash, valuables, staff and premises is maintained at all times.
● Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
● Responsible for opening and closing of the vaults both routinely and in an emergency using appropriate security measures.
● Using a computerised system (Viper) to ensure an audit trail for all cash/containers is maintained at all times.
● Prepare consignments of customer funds for dispatch to vehicles.
● Full and proper use of mechanical handling equipment.
● Undertake training activities as required.
● Issue, receive and maintain security of all keys held within the secure area .
● Monitor branch and vehicle holdings to ensure they are within insurance indemnities, reporting any potential breaches.
This job description will be subject to change in accordance with operational developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
So what makes a successful Warehouse Operative - Vaults (Vault Officer)?
● Firstly, you will need to be confident in communicating at all levels in both written and spoken English.
● You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
● An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
● You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
● Previous experience using IT and computer systems would be extremely beneficial.
● Must be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
● You must also be willing to undertake shift work
● You will need to be able to work as part of a team player.
● Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
Salary: Up to £13,000 for a Part Time worker*
(Part Time) Five days per week (days will be discussed at interview, however weekend working will be expected) - 26 hours a week.
*The hourly rate of pay is £12.48 in the first 6 months, rising to £12.78 and rising to £13.08 after 12 months. Currently overtime opportunities are available to enhance earning potential but overtime is not guaranteed. The above quoted salary is based on a 20 hour working week. If you work less hours than this, then your earnings would inevitably be less, and your actual earnings will be dependent on your hourly rate, the number of hours that you work, and your offer letter and terms and conditions of employment.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 /10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application. OR by sending your CV to email@example.com