Warehouse Coin Operative- Maidstone Maidstone up to £10.58 per hour
Warehouse Coin Operative- MaidstoneLocation: Maidstone | Salary: up to £10.58 per hour | Posted: 5 Oct 2018 | Closes: 5 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6277
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK. This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Coin Store Operatives to join our team and be a part of our continued success. Your primary responsibility will be the processing and supply of coin to fulfil customer requirements, and to contribute to the operational activities within the Coin Centre/Store. You will need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
- Meet or exceed personal and team productivity targets.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function, dealing with both internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for accurate loading/unloading
- Ensure Standard and Local Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- The packing by hand of bulk and part coin orders by delivery route into appropriate cages and crates and securing and sealing.
- Check and weigh in bulk coin from financial institutions and other Coin Centres, investigate weight differences and where appropriate raise any unresolved discrepancies to management.
- Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Use of Viper track and trace system to ensure integrity of audit trail.
- Use powered mechanical handling equipment (MHE) to facilitate movement of bulk coin.
- Order picking and checking of work from each Financial Institution in line with company procedures.
- Operation of automated coin sachet and counting equipment, including first line maintenance, ensuring the required throughput targets are achieved to produce bagged coin.
- Maintaining balance of coin stock by Financial Institution through daily balancing, including the use of working cage forms, and daily checks of cage integrity and labelling.
- Coin depositing by Financial Institution through the appropriate cash management computer system; identifying discrepancies and escalating to line management.
- Ensure all working cages are secured at the end of shift.
- Ensure all company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Observe all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the coin centre.
- Complete necessary paperwork and/or the appropriate cash management systems accurately within the department.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to pass a criminal record check.
- Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Prepared to undergo airport style searches.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
- Licensed in the use of powered machinery (or able to obtain licence).
- Able to work with volume counting machinery.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Please note that during probation there is a 50p deduction from the advertised hourly rate
Jobs that might be of interest:Warehouse Coin Operative- Maidstone
Apply now Secure Driver - Coulsdon
Apply now Vault / Secure Area Operative - Maidstone
Apply now Customer Service Executive
Location: Sutton Park House, Sutton, London
Apply now Cash Processor - Days Monday to Friday
Location: SW8 4UG