Warehouse & Art Handling Supervisor Long Island City, NY Competitive
Warehouse & Art Handling SupervisorLocation: Long Island City, NY | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 11 Jan 2019 | Closes: 11 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: G4SI | Region / Division: Europe | Reference: G4S/TP/4080552/140749
G4S International Logistics (G4Si) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. G4Si Fine Art provides bespoke logistics solutions for the world’s most renowned art and design institutions. Our international clientele includes museums, galleries, private collectors, auctioneers and art fair organizers. With our strategically located secure facilities in London, New York, Dubai and Hong Kong, as well as our highly skilled expert teams, we offer an unparalleled coverage of global fine art operations to address every unique logistical challenge within today’s rapidly globalizing art market.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our New York Office.
G4Si Fine Art US is looking for a Warehouse & Art Handling Supervisor to oversee the development and operational performance of a newly acquired warehouse located in Long Island City. This position will work directly with the General Manager to establish G4Si Fine Art as a global leader in the international fine art transportation industry.
The Warehouse & Art Handling Supervisor will be responsible for leading, supervising and mentoring the G4Si Fine Art US warehouse staff of art handlers and drivers. Additionally, the position is responsible for
the day-to-day productivity both in the warehouse and in the field; and will require going on the road as needed. This includes but is not limited to ensuring policy and best practice procedures are being adhered to consistently. The Warehouse & Art Handling Supervisor will report directly to the General Manager and will work closely with the Fine Art Shipping & Logistics coordinator.
- Safe and efficient handling and storage of property
- Lead art handling teams out in the field at art fairs, auction houses, installations, etc.
- Implement and ensure inventory management standards are adhered to and met
- Ensure warehouse staff are maintaining the highest level of communication, both internally and
- with external clients
- Allocate resources as it applies to staff, materials, scheduling and inventory software
- Train, mentor and motivate a small team of art handling technicians and drivers focusing on efficiency, safety, and skill development both in the field and administratively
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience and understanding of the local, regional and global fine art logistics processes. Possess detailed technical knowledge of fine art handling and safe transportation methods. Must be comfortable working in startup growth environment, be solutions oriented, exhibit good judgement, excellent written and verbal communication, and possess ability to follow through on self-directed initiatives.GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred and at least 5+ years of industry experience
- Must be able to drive a truck and possess clean drivers license
- Expertise in DOT regulations and fleet management
- Team Player, able to work in fast paced, changing startup workplace
- Experience working with wide range of art professionals
- Competent computer skills using G-Suite and inventory management software
Jobs that might be of interest:Teacher
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Military Infantry Instructor
Apply now Senior Commercial Analyst
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Driver/ Art Handler
Location: United States