Vocational Trainer - Horticulture Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £26,767 - £31,866
Vocational Trainer - HorticultureLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £26,767 - £31,866 | Posted: 22 Jan 2019 | Closes: 5 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Vocational Trainer - Horticulture
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes
Salary range : £26,767 - £31,866 per annum
G4S Children's Services works closely with the Home Office, Youth Justice Board for England and Wales and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 13 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
We are looking to recruit a Vocational Trainer to co-ordinate all aspects of Horticulture vocational training and accreditation across the centre, ensuring contractual compliance and achievement of Key Performance Targets.
Key responsibilities are;
- Manage all aspects of Horticulture vocational training and accreditation within the centre so that a professional service, in line with contractual and external agency requirements, is provided.
- Organise, allocate and monitor appropriate physical resources to optimise the delivery of Horticulture vocational training.
- Plan and develop horticulture vocational training opportunities across the centre to ensure young people have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications.
- Monitor the quality of vocational training effectively and make informed decisions to continuously develop and improve the vocational training provision.
- Plan and deliver learning opportunities in a variety of forms, including the use of computer-aided learning where applicable, so that individual young person’s needs are met.
- Monitor young people’s progress and undertake assessments so that they receive appropriate support and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications.
- Complete all documentation as required to meet the needs of the Company, the contract and relevant external bodies.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture to support the recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the centre environment by compliance with security instructions.
The Ideal Candidate:
Applicants will be required to a competency based interview, which has been specifically designed to identify those who possess the necessary skills and competencies in line with the role profile.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills
- Effective use of Microsoft applications
- The role requires a Level 3 subject specific qualification
- Hold, working towards or willingness to complete a teaching qualification e.g. QTS, Train the Trainer or Level 3 Award in Education and Teaching (previously DTLLS).
It is every employee’s responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of the children and young persons he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with. Therefore every employee will be required to hold a current enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Scheme) certificate.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Justice Board and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Teacher - IT
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Team Leader - Patient Transport Services (UCLH)
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Logistics Coordinator
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Plumber
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands