Visa Security - Global Security Operations Manager Ashburn, Virginia Competitive
Visa Security - Global Security Operations ManagerLocation: Ashburn, Virginia | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 16 Dec 2020 | Closes: 16 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L2985559/202464
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a GSOC Operations Manager. The GSOC Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the GSOC in accordance with the client’s policy and procedures. The GSOC serve as the client’s central communications platform for security, safety, and emergency operations and notifications. The GSOC Operations Manager will ensure that the daily functions and essential tasks that occur in the GSOC are completed effectively and efficiently. The GSOC Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all operations in the GSOC, to include incident management, staffing, scheduling, training, procedures, and clear communication with the GSOC Operators for questions, emergencies, help with completing tasks, or troubleshooting issues. The GSOC Operations Manager will play a strategic role in devising new trainings, working with the Client’s GSOC Manager to problem-solve any issues, and will maintain a high degree of professionalism and customer service.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Coordinate with the Client and Operators to ensure a fluid line of communication
- Lead training efforts in the GSOC for all applications used (SRMS, CCure, Security Video, MIR3, D3, Quantum, etc.)
- Develop new trainings in order to increase skill levels and capabilities of Operators
- Develop and implement clear training procedures, policies, and protocols for Control Room Operators, and conduct regular training
- Perform quality assurance and controls, including audits of SRMS inputs and alerts, on the operators to understand whether retraining would be beneficial, or new trainings devised
- Analyze and advise on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), determine gaps in performance, and recommend and execute change for quality improvements
- Evaluate metrics such as SRMS Reports sent, alarms by site, alarms answered, and alarm type and/or occurrence to keep an updated viewpoint of where and what is being completed by the operators; work with the Client GSOC Manager to report metrics out on a monthly basis
- Complete reviews or disciplinary actions on Control Room Operators
- Attend regular meetings with Supervisors and/or client to address or determine operational needs; be a part of regular surveys of GSOC users to gather insight on key functions and effectiveness
- Recruit, interview, hire and maintain scheduling for the Control Room Operators
- Routinely inspect equipment to ensure a functional working environment for operators,(computers, intercoms, phones, peripherals, chairs, and desks)
- Provide recommendations for and evaluations of new technological capabilities that may be beneficial for the GSOC
- Coordinate with Client Security Representatives to ensure that site contacts for all monitored sites are up-to-date and accurate
- Provide direct support to GSOC operators during peak hours, to include support with SRMS, alarm and camera monitoring, and coordination of incident response
- Work with the GSOC Client Manager to oversee Operator incident response activities and protocols, and adjust processes if/when necessary
- Work with the GSOC Client Manager to ensure successful planning for and coverage by Operators to monitor global events that have safety/security implications, monitor adverse weather conditions, monitor the corporate jet map, and provide assistance as required to Client travelers
- Actively connect with Shift and Site Supervisors and all GSOC shifts, to ensure strong lines of communication, and consistent practices across all shifts
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Private Security, Law Enforcement, Business, Criminal Justice, Communications, or a related field
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Business Administration, Private Security, Law Enforcement, Business, Criminal Justice, Communications, or a related field
- Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable State licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Security Control Room Operations,
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience as an SOC Manager
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the management of GSOC Operators / Operations
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office with minimal to no extreme temperatures expected.
Major Activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting.
Physical Efforts to Carry Out Job Duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Operator - Global Security Operations Center
Location: Ashburn, Virginia
Apply now Badging Officer
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Apply now Security Site Supervisor
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Apply now Human Resources Generalist
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Apply now Service Technician III
Location: Arlington, Virginia