Video Analyst (Hearing impaired) Centurion - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 25 Mar 2020 | Closes: 5 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/188879
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Video Analyst (candidates with hearing impairment only)
G4S has a vacancy for a Video Analyst based in Centurion. This position is specifically for candidates with a hearing impairment disability.
Reporting to the Video Analyst Supervisor, the Video Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the video analysis process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main Purpose of Position:
Monitor and review CCTV from AV’s and Bodycam Footage to determine compliance with SOP’s and prove on a balance of probabilities that losses are not due to G4S’ actions. Generally responsible for checking and confirming processes were followed and document all discrepancies.
Ensure effective monitoring and information capturing on NCC surveillance system.
- Monitor CCTV or any other system that is required to be monitored in the NCC with the required urgency
- Report and escalate incidents where required
- Ensure that all instructions as per the Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to
- Inform Senior/Shift Manager immediately of any problems with the system or a client.
- Inform Shift Manager of any incorrect system information or data
- Gathering and processing information as requested
- Report writing of incidents
- Liaise with investigators
Effective administration of control room records and reports
- Maintain and update all records of activations, response and feedback to customers
- Ensure that all data captured is truthful and correct
- Logging of service requests and job requests on Online Intelligence for technicians to attend
Health and Safety (as every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Previous Control Centre experience in alarm monitoring and CCTV surveillance
- Good typing skills (approx 40 w.p.m)
- Listener Suite Alarm Monitoring Software efficient
- CCTV / ROM experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- South African security legislation
- Alarm systems and electronic security
- Excellent Communication Skills i.e. and written
- Communicate at all levels
- Good command of English or Afrikaans
- Analytical Skills
- Basic MS Office
- Risk identification
- Conflict Management
- Customer Thinking
- Awareness of the market environment
- Team Player
- Cope well with stress
- Understand the electronic security environment
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Cleaner - Olga Primary School
Location: E3 5DN, Greater London
Apply now Cleaner - Harbinger Primary School
Location: E14 3QR, Greater London
Apply now Cleaner - Marion Richardson Primary School
Location: E1 0QF, Greater London
Apply now Helpdesk Operative - Nights
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Apply now Part Time Cleaner
Location: Greenwich, Greater London