Vehicle TechnicianLocation: Manchester/Liverpool | Salary: £37,500 - £40,000 | Posted: 8 Jun 2022 | Closes: 26 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7513
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, 5 Weeks Holiday (with the option to purchase an additional week), We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing, HSF - Health Cash Plan, Corporate perks and discounts (Perks @ Work and Home)
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Join G4S as a Mobile Technician in Manchester and you will become part of a well-trained, tight knit team providing an essential, cash transportation service to the local community. All you need to have is a valid UK driving licence, good customer service skills and a qualification with previous experience in engineering ideally to City & Guilds level 2/3 to prepare you for a great, long-term driving career with an industry leading company. And you will also earn a great salary and excellent benefits. G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers.
Our Cash Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre secure storage. As a G4S Mobile Technician in our Fleet Services team, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to maintain our fleet of vehicles and estate of intelligent safes and you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures designed to ensure that our service remains superior, and that our customer requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will join a team of specialist technicians and be responsible for the repair and preventative maintenance of our security vehicles along with providing first and second line maintenance support to our estate of intelligent safes, ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the specified maintenance schedules and customer needs. It’s important that you maintain good, safe and courteous driving behaviour and present a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the relevant safety equipment provided. Our technicians must always be polite and courteous to all internal/external customers and members of the public at all times.
You will also:
· Carry out defects to the security vehicles
· Carry out repairs, preventative maintenance and software updates to intelligent safes & ATMs
· Complete technical upgrades to our assets as and when required
· Complete data downloads from CCTV Systems and Body Worn Cameras as and when requested by our Risk Department following strict procedures.
· Undertake training to develop, learn and progress.
· Demonstrate a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
· Provide on call cover 24/7 on a rotating basis
· Complete stock take of parts on a regular basis
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed as a G4S Fleet Services Technician you will need to hold a valid UK driver licence and be confident when communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English. An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important, and you will be adept in following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines. We ideally seek:
- To be fully conversant with all types of electrical and mechanical vehicle repairs to city & guilds standards, ideally to NVQ level 2/3 in engineering.
- Ideally have knowledge of electronic and logic systems in vehicles or associated industries.
- Interpret and implement technical service information.
- Keep up to date with legislation effecting the operation of motor vehicles and all ancillary equipment, to NVQ level 2/3 in Motor vehicle.
- Electromechanical fault finding experience and an interest in training on ATM’s & Intelligent safes
- To be fully IT literate, ideally ECDL qualified.
- You must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
- You’ll need to be physically fit, as the role can involve lifting and transporting heavy items. You will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
- Willing to work on “Own initiative” to be self-managed
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You’ll need to provide 10-year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure warehouse environment.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you to progress as a key member of our world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, employee assistance, health checks, free uniform, as well as We Care - 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
Pay starts at £18.68 per hour, rising to £18.98 after 6 months, rising to £19.28 after 12 months (plus night allowance if applicable)
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.