Vehicle TechnicianLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £24,500 per annum based on full time hours of 40 per week. | Posted: 25 Feb 2019 | Closes: 8 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4527
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a Motor Technician.
This is a full time position for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out a full range of duties expected of a skilled motor vehicle technician, sustaining a high standard of workmanshio on a varies vehicle fleet including cars and vans from numerous vehicle manufacturers, providing a cost effective, high quality and reliable vehicle fleet ensuring both officer and vehicle safety throughout.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com
- Carry out preventative maintenance, service and repair tasks on multi manufacturers vehicles and plant to police standards at police workshops and on site as directed by the Senior Motor Vehicle Technician
- Commissioning and fitting out of vehicles including a wide range of accessories to multi manufacturers police fleet vehicles at workshop locations at HQ or on site
- Carry out road testing of vehicles and ancillary police specialist equipment in accordance with work undertaken or as requested by management.
- Carry out decommissioning of vehicles ensuring police specialist equipment is removed in a non-destructive manner for re-use on new vehicles wherever possible
- Work with minimum supervision from either verbal or written instructions.
- Ensure that the correct parts and materials used are identified in an efficient manner.
- To be conversant with the security implications of police vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure care and custody of all tools, equipment and materials used and to report all defects found.
- Update skills for the post by attending appropriate training courses.
- Carry out safety inspections, diagnostic test of faults and identification of vehicle defects on a diverse mix of makes and models of vehicles
- Carry out preparation work for car MOT tests
- Keep up to date with advancements relating to the motor vehicle and police specialist equipment (to be technically aware) across a diverse mix of vehicle and equipment manufacturers.
- Carry out statutory testing of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles and any ancillary police specialist equipment. Repair, refit or removal of electrical equipment when necessary.
- Complete documentation on work carried out including job sheets, service sheets, pre MOT inspection sheets, productivity / daily time sheets store requisitions etc.
- To carry out all other vehicle maintenance tasks or related support service work as directed by management to include collection and delivery of vehicles and apprentice training.
- Carry out all duties with regard to general cleanliness and tidiness and assist in the weekly clean-up of the workshop.
- Prepared to work at an alternative workshop within any location of the Force boundaries.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a professional manner and to a high standard according to Health and Safety and COSHH obligations with consideration for other employees and vehicle users.
- Perform duties in such a manner that ensures a high quality of service provision ensuring vehicles remain in a safe condition.
- Attend minor breakdowns when necessary.
- Undertake warranty repairs when necessary saving displaced material for possible return.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Delivering high standard of service across a diverse mix of vehicles and specialist electrical equipment
- Extensive knowledge of motor vehicle maintenance
- Self motivated
- Flexible attitude to work
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications - motor vehicle mechanical and auto electrical related
- Full current driving licence
- Two year post qualification experience Motor vehicle maintenance
- Ability to carry out multi skills of the motor industry including vehicle diagnostics.
- Mechanical knowledge of various vehicle manufacturers
- Demonstrates the ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels and customers
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and of the highest integrity.
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Able to prioritise workloads
Desirable Skills and knowledge
- Served M.V. apprenticeship
- Past skills in the maintenance of high performance motor vehicles
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety and COSHH requirements within a vehicle workshop environment.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prosecutions Administration Assistant
Apply now Facilities Administrator (Part Time 36 hours per week)
Apply now Senior Administrator Assistant
Apply now Technical Project Manager - fixed term for 6 months
Apply now IT Solutions Specialist