Vault Controller (Pretoria) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Pretoria Market Related
Vault Controller (Pretoria) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Pretoria | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 29 Jun 2020 | Closes: 6 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/5147452/193668
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Vault Controller based at our operations in Pretoria.
Reporting to the Vault Supervisor.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which operations plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Box lists, Boxes and Seals
- Update on a daily bases the “Box in Stop-loss Bag in” and “ Box out Stop-loss Bag out” lists and check the E-Viper system for the same
- Assess the physical state of the Boxes to ensure that they are secure
- Paint and Code Boxes with client details
- Where no seals have been received from the road staff and or issued to the road staff, ensure that it is recorded on a receipt and or E-Viper system
Receiving and Issuing of Boxes / Stop-loss Bags
- Receive and Issue Boxes/ Stop-loss Bags and dates as per the prepared lists and E-Viper system
- Physically check seals on boxes/ Stop-loss Bags to verify if intact
- Obtain receipt and or E-Viper receipt signatures for all transactions
- Query all Boxes or Stop-loss Bags listed on the Box or Stop-loss Bag list and or E-Viper system which have not been handed in by the Crew, with control and notify Senior of the missing Boxes or Stop-loss Bag
- Report broken seals on Boxes, Boxes not properly sealed, suspicious looking Boxes and or damaged Stop-loss Bags to security officer or Management
- Check that all Containers and Stop-loss Bags received from road crew and counting house are properly sealed and locked
- Inspect vault and Boxroom and check that all Boxes/ Stop-loss Bags have been handed in and that those destined for the dispatch the following day are allocated to the correct schedules
- Store all Boxes or Stop-loss Bags containing cash in the Vault
- Ensure that the Vault is secure at all times
- Open the Vault and the beginning of the shift and lock the Vault at the end of the shift together with the Branch Security Officer or relevant Senior
- When the Vault is not in use during the day the Grid and Vault door should be closed and locked. Should the Vault doors need to be opened the CMCC should be called to get the Kaba-Lock code
Communication and liaison
- Liaise with Control Room, Counting House and the Armoury to ensure smooth and efficient dispatch and receipt of Boxes/Stop-loss Bags
- Liaise with Boxroom Controllers in other branches and immediately follows up on non-receipt or none E-Viper receipt of scheduled Boxes or Stop-loss Bags
- Sends daily tele-faxes detailing Branch requirements and priorities (Vault and AV limits) to BSO and Manager
- Prepare and submit daily Box or Stop-loss bags pre-list to Counting House
- Liaise with the Counting House supervisor to determine their operational requirements and priorities
- Note and action counting house requirements on the schedule
- Sign for Boxes pr Stop-loss Bags received from the counting house on the Counting House Supervisors list
The Ideal Candidate:
- Matric Certificate/Grade 12
- PSIRA Grade B certification and registration
- Previous Box room experience will be an advantage
- Ability to communicate with staff and customers
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Management and its requirements
- A minimum of 3 years experience in CIT operations is preferable
- Computer Literate
- Competency Firearm Certification
- CIT Training Certification
- A valid code 10 drivers licence with PDP is an advantage
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest: