Valet and Concierge - Must have Valet experience Toronto $17.00
Valet and Concierge - Must have Valet experienceLocation: Toronto | Salary: $17.00 | Posted: 12 Sep 2020 | Closes: 12 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/5240828/197520
Valet and Security Guard
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Valet and Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our staff must always project a professional image for our clients.
You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Greet and welcome residents and guests to the establishment and offer professional customer service by opening doors, showing you are responsive and friendly while maintaining a professional security posture.
- Park resident and guest vehicles responsibly and professionally within the parking lot, following all traffic laws
- Operate vehicles safely and responsibility - Both Automatic and Manual Transmission
- Monitor and maintain the safety and security of the exterior perimeter of the site.
- Provide residents and guests directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest
- Ensure that any incidents or accidents that occur on premises are reported to on-site management.
- Demonstrate an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace by ensuring that all safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and or site emergencies.
- Onsite First Aid responder until expert medical help arrives
- Maintain constant surveillance of assigned areas providing maximum visibility
- Other security-related duties as assigned from time to time by G4S clients and G4S management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED certification.
- 2+ Valet and Concierge experience
- Customer Service in a Hospitality environment is an asset
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence and Clean drivers abstract
- Must know how to drive both Automatic and Manual Transmission
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass a 5-year verifiable employment background check
- Superior customer service orientation
- Ability to work with the public and deal with conflict resolution
- A positive and professional attitude
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a high health and safety orientation
- Knowledgeable on local trespass legislation, property acts and/or other laws affecting the client’s property to effectively maintain the site and facility.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Experienced Valet for a high end condominium in Downtown
Apply now Security Guard - High Profile
Apply now Security Guard - Government Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard - High Profile
Apply now Experienced Security Guard