Unit Engineer - Electrical Liverpool, Merseyside £26,597.00
Unit Engineer - ElectricalLocation: Liverpool, Merseyside | Salary: £26,597.00 | Posted: 3 Oct 2019 | Closes: 17 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8138
Unit Engineer - Electrical
HMP Altcourse, Liverpool
Salary : £26,597.00 per annum
Full-Time (40 Hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Full-time Unit Engineer - Electrical to join our team at HMP Altcourse, a category B local prison, in Fazakerly Liverpool, holding over 1200 adult male offenders.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and estate that are the responsibility of FM on site.
- Operate planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Safe and proper use of tools and secure use of tools and equipment
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of commercial and domestic heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site.
- Diagnosing faults on all M & E support systems and rectifying where within levels of competence.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and repairs.
- Maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric and estate, e.g. furniture, internal and external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and parking, etc.
- Assisting in development of maintenance routines and procedures and preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 17th Edition
- 2391 Electrical Testing and Inspection
- Fully qualified and experienced electrical engineer
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
- Full, clean driving licence
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest: