Unarmed Guard - Per Diem Rosedale Competitive
Unarmed Guard - Per DiemLocation: Rosedale | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 25 Sep 2019 | Closes: 30 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Full-time | Business Unit: G4SI | Region / Division: Europe | Reference: G4S/TP/4080552/170347
G4S International Logistics (G4SI) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. Our Mission is to be the partner of choice for large organizations needing very high security solutions to international logistics risk; we achieve this through client and employee engagement and best capabilities. We make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge and expertise.
Specialising in door to door secure transportation, insurance, third party logistics, inventory/storage services and risk mitigation we are well known in the industry for our integrity and consultative approach. Banks, financial institutions, governments, mines, diamond cutters, jewellery manufacturers and retailers worldwide rely on us to protect their commercial and reputational risk while optimizing their business operations.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our New York Office.
To escort and supervise valuable shipments between cargo warehouses and aircraft, while ensuring you maintain “Line of Sight” of the shipment at all times.
- Checking shipment packaging, seal #’s, airline container #’s against cargo manifest to protect integrity of shipment.
- Supervise armored carrier’s and airline handlers that handle shipments.
- Oversee and report any discrepancies, incidents or concerns with shipments.
- Check the accuracy of information received from operations coordinator assigning job and advise operations coordinator if any discrepancies.
- Document job assigned from start to finish using appropriate forms supplied.
- Immediate communication with office if something isn’t going as instructed or planned that may jeopardize or delay a shipment from collecting or departing from airline.
- Acknowledge receipt of shipment from armored carrier by signing their receipt or issuing one of ours and keeping signed copy for office as proof of taking possession of receiving shipment.
The Ideal Candidate:
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a driver’s license
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with customers and the public
- Security background preferred
Availability to work weekdays and weekends
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
UNDERSTANDING THE ORGANISATIONAL ENVIRONMENT – the capacity to understand the organisation and the environment in which the organisation operates.
SUPPORTING AND WORKING WITH OTHERS – the capacity to assist people and work constrictively and collaboratively with others.
DELIVERING OBJECTIVE – the capacity to deliver objectives.
ACTING PROFESSIONALLY – the capacity to act professionally at all times.
DELIVERING GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE - the capacity to deliver great customer service at all times.
Jobs that might be of interest: