Truck Gate Security Guards - GM CAMI Assembly Tillsonburg, ON C$17.00 - C$24.00
Truck Gate Security Guards - GM CAMI AssemblyLocation: Tillsonburg, ON | Salary: C$17.00 - C$24.00 | Posted: 5 Jan 2021 | Closes: 5 Feb 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3384418/203247
Truck Gate Security Guard
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Smart Gate operation, sign vehicle IN and OUT.
- Physically check vehicles and trailers.
- Pool vehicle sign IN and OUT and check in site.
- Road Test vehicle operation.
- Triple ‘‘M’’ Scale operation (weigh the trailers with Tractor ).
- Trailer Seal & Driver Identification Audit.
- Knows Plant ramps and docks numbers.
- Knowledge of Important locations (Crossdock, Admin Building, Powerhouse, Stores etc.)
- Gate arms operation.
- Knows how to use a TELUS Radio.
- Material Release Form check, sign and collect them.
- Knows how to respond in case of emergency. (Severe weather, Fire Evacuation, Spill etc.)
- Traffic Control.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be able to read, write and speak in English and possess reading, writing and comprehension skills sufficient to compose clearly and concise written reports and read and understand rules, regulations, policies and similar instructions.
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent and have completed post secondary education in security, policing or a related field and have work experience in security, policing or a related field.
- Possess a security guard license
- Possess a first aid/CPR certification.
- be poised, tactful and diplomatic and have the ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment under stress and in emergency situations.
- Due to the nature of work being performed, must be in good physical condition and able to perform the Services as evidenced by a physical examination by a physician, and subject to annual physical examinations by a physician
- Have working knowledge of various IBM and Microsoft applications including; Excel, Word, Lotus Notes and Keyscan.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.