TREATMENT MANAGER – Offender Management Unit (OMU) Wellingborough £30,000
TREATMENT MANAGER – Offender Management Unit (OMU)Location: Wellingborough | Salary: £30,000 | Posted: 24 Sep 2021 | Closes: 15 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10582
TREATMENT MANAGER – Offender Management Unit (OMU)
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough
£30,000 per annum, Permanent
Full Time 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting and let your experience lead the way!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a new standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, new resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future, HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is rehabilitation, equipping our residents with the skills to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and residents feel safe.
We are looking for an experienced Treatment Manager to join our Offender Management Team.
Reporting to the Head of Rehabilitation, the Treatment Manager will provide treatment management support for accredited offending behaviour programmes. You must have experience in delivering and evaluating offender behaviour programmes.
Some of the key responsibilities to this role are:
- Manage accredited offending behaviour programmes, TSP & Resolve, to ensure that the prison meets audit requirements.
- Provide professional supervision to Accredited Programme Treatment facilitators to ensure compliance with the awarding body standards.
- Develop and promote Accredited & non- Accredited programmes, ensuring their effectiveness and adherence to best practice.
- Responsible for carrying out assessments of prisoners in accordance with accredited programmes manual to ensure prisoners meet the relevant criteria.
- Promote the prison’s work in programme delivery by networking and involvement in the appropriate conferences, area and national meetings and ensure that current best practice is adopted and followed.
- Plan and produce annual programme schedules for the accredited offending behaviour programme so that prisoner’s needs are met.
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Undertake psychological assessments and prepare reports in order to meet offender management requirements..
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- Treatment Manager requires mandatory training. You must pass all required training in order to perform this role.
The Ideal Candidate:
You must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, alongside good negotiation and influencing skills with experience of working in a custodial setting.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment. You will be a dynamic and engaging individual with a good sense of humour. As a proven professional, you will be an integral part of the HMP Five Wells team.
In return, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, holiday entitlement, life assurance, company pension, comprehensive training and career development.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Please note for internal candidates, your Director/Line Manager will be made aware of your initial application
Jobs that might be of interest:Interventions Facilitator
Apply now Family Interventions Worker
Apply now Anglican Chaplain
Apply now Free Church Chaplain
Apply now Roman Catholic Chaplain