Transport Manager Bristol £32,250 - £34,000
Transport ManagerLocation: Bristol | Salary: £32,250 - £34,000 | Posted: 14 Jun 2022 | Closes: 6 Jul 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7537
Upto 15% bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Corporate perks and discounts, Employee recognition scheme
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Join G4S as a Transport Manager in Bristol and you will become part of a well-trained, tight knit team providing an essential, cash transportation service to the local community. You will aslo earn a great salary and excellent benefits.
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top employers. Our Cash Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre secure storage. As a Transport Manager in our cash transportation team, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure compliance to operator's licence and associated transport legislation (vehicles and staff) and company procedures in respect of all transport issues at Branch level. Additionally, to help drive efficiencies within the Branch in managing the vehicle resource including asset availability, cost control and supporting Branch initiatives in the transport area.
The Ideal Candidate:
To successfully achieve this, you’ll brief colleagues on operational and company matters at least once a month, and ensure that regular 1:1 and Training Reviews are completed. You’ll also ensure compliance to operator’s licence and associated transport legislation (vehicles and staff) and company procedures in respect of all transport issues at branch level. You’ll also need to:
● Be available to provide cover out of hours and on weekends where required and carry out other duties as directed by your Line Manager, within your level of competence.
● Ensure all team members are adequately trained for their job and that all progress interviews and TDRs are completed as necessary.
● Manage the completion of accident forms and ensure that Absence Management processes are implemented, including dealing with TU Representative on day-to-day issues.
● Deliver the right solutions in vehicle maintenance to meet branch needs now and in the future. Managing resources to ensure vehicle supply and demand equal across each day.
● Liaise with internal customers and other Company managers and staff concerning day to day operational activities of the Branch, optimising vehicle availability and utilisation.
● Drive continuous improvement, setting and delivering high standards for yourself and others, including internal & external suppliers. Continuously strive to achieve above 95% vehicle availability, including planned maintenance, by developing effective solutions alongside suppliers and branches.
● Work with the branch team to drive improvement in suppliers, vehicle turnaround times and asset availability to operations. Maintaining a close working relationship with maintenance providers and branch teams to ensure defects are repaired in a timely manner and vehicles are maintained in a safe, fit and serviceable condition.
● Contribute to the implementation of the company health & safety policy, conducting risk assessments and recommending improvements where necessary. Ensure adherence to the company’s operational standards (ISO 9002) and security procedures.
So what makes a successful Transport Manager?
To succeed as a Transport Manager you will need to hold a valid UK driver’s licence and be confident when communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English. An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important, and you will be adept following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines. We ideally seek candidates who are highly motivated, self-starters with strong people management skills and good IT ability. You must be:
● Analytical, with the ability to work on your own initiative
● Flexible in your approach to hours of working
● Capable of working independently but also as part of a wider team.
It is desirable that candidates are:
● Educated to degree level or equivalent
● Have good knowledge of the Logistics or Transport industry
● Possess a good working understanding of the ATM/Cash in Transit Operation.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
● You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
● You’ll need to provide 10-year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
● You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure warehouse environment.
● A SIA licence would be beneficial.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner. We’ll provide all the training and support to help you to progress as a key member of our world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer 25 days' paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, as well as We Care - 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.