Training Manager Nationwide, United States Competitive
Training ManagerLocation: Nationwide, United States | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 24 Jun 2020 | Closes: 31 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US – AMAG Technology | Region / Division: AMAG Technology | Reference: US062420TM
The Training Manager is responsible for AMAG’s global training department which includes technical training and certification for our channel and end users, as well as internal technical training for AMAG’s staff. The manager manages a team of technical trainers and a coordinator, as well as works closely with the technical support and application engineering teams to deliver additional training outside of what the department typically executes.
The Training Manager must have outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a successful history of managing training teams within the physical security industry.
Top candidates will be innovative, strong decision-makers and outstanding facilitators of learning and change. He/She will understand business operations, managing a budget, and delivering tangible results that align with the company’s strategic vision. He/She will also have the ability to adapt lessons in a face-paced and evolving product development cycle.
- Evaluate organizational performance and assess the training needs of the organization through consistent coordination with product management, technical support, and other customer facing departments.
- Develop standardized and repetitive training programs that can be individualized when needed to address specific business or customer needs.
- Effectively manage the global training budget with the annual goal of breaking even.
- Assess employees’ skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement. Mentor employees to help in developing their skills to expose career paths.
- Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Effectively communicate with trainers, management and department heads throughout AMAG.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Coordinate with other departments globally to assist with training outside of what the training
department can perform.
- Deliver on unified, global training goals via standard delivery practices with the support of the
EMEA and APAC technical support and application engineering teams.
- Manage internal technical training on new and updated products and features.
- Develop and manage an LMS with a positive user experience. The LMS should be a commonly used tool by students and internally.
- Identify ways that the training department can assist with other departmental or corporate needs.
- Develop and manage all tools, resources, staff, equipment and anything else needed to deliver best in industry training to our customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 5 years experience in training and development management (essential).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs.
- Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office, Google G Suite, and related business and communication tools.
- Familiar with traditional and modern training processes and best practices.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- 5+ years experience training in a technical environment or equivalent (sales / service experience).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and develop courses’ learning objectives, teach effectively, and manage a classroom of 10+.
- 2+ years of experience training and evaluating trainers at the certification level.
- 5+ years experience developing learning objectives and curriculum for technical courses with at least 3 years experience developing technical curriculum.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in trainer “soft skills” – classroom management, principles of adult learning, promoting learner participation, etc. Must be competent enough in this area to coach and evaluate other trainers.
About the Company:
AMAG Technology is part of G4S, the world’s largest security company. AMAG Technology, Inc's Symmetry Security Management Systems can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, retail and banking.
AMAG Technology has been at the leading edge of access control technology for over 30 years. As AMAG Technology looks to the future, the next generation of products will bring the core aspects of security to the next step beyond integrated solutions – Symmetry™.
Why Work for AMAG?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Account Executive
Location: New York, New York
Apply now Trainer
Location: Torrance, California