Training and Quality Operations Manager Dublin, Ireland Up to 45000
Training and Quality Operations ManagerLocation: Dublin, Ireland | Salary: Up to 45000 | Posted: 17 Jan 2022 | Closes: 22 Jan 2022 | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 2200004W
G4S are currently seeking an experienced, driven and innovative individual to lead the delivery and quality assurance of all of our apprenticeship provision, implementing high quality learning and assessment strategies whilst adhering to quality assurance processes to support delivery, continuous improvement and compliance.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for leading our quality assurance strategy across the business, working with colleagues on the implementation of this, for coaches, volunteers and the professional workforce. The applicant will also take a lead on implementing a learner and employer needs analysis to support workforce development needs.
The role will also involve managing a team of tutors and working closely with the Senior Operations and Compliance Manager to support compliance objectives. The successful candidate will possess an in depth knowledge of education and training, examples of ideas and interventions that have generated positive change and improved the learner experience. This position provides an experienced professional with the opportunity to work within an established global security company.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Quality assurance: To take a lead responsibility for all our quality assurance and compliance processes and strategy across Ireland.
2. Observations of performance: To complete regular Observation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment observations, inspiring, motivating and supporting the workforce team to drive quality of delivery.
3. Compliance: To lead our Self-Assessment Review and ensure Quality Improvement Plans drive improvement, in conjunction with the National Training & Risk Manager.
4. Needs analysis: To develop and implement a learner and employer needs analysis to support the development of people plans.
5. Staff management: To manage security officers in their roles and responsibilities. .
6. Delivery approach: To shape our Security Officers training provision teaching approach using innovative, engaging, digital and individualised learning methods.
7. Continuous improvement: To drive continuous improvement across Ireland for teaching, assessment, and quality assurance and share best practice with colleagues internally to improve our education service.
8. Standardisation: To hold regular standardisation and quality meetings to celebrate successes, share practice and provide updates as required.
9. Manage resources and risk: To forecast and manage resource requirements across our apprenticeship delivery to ensure ‘excellence’ in line with our values and manage risk, escalating potential issues as soon as possible.
10. Policy improvements: To contribute to policy improvements and processes. 11. Workforce services: To support our wider workforce development needs internally and externally.
12. Business development: To propose and lead business development opportunities and contribute effectively to proposals.
13. Relationship management: To build and maintain positive relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
14. To undertake appropriate training and development opportunities.
15. To ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees and the public by complying with the appropriate health and safety policies, organisations and arrangements and the employment of safe working practices and risk assessment and management and to comply with the No Smoking policy.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Degree in Leadership Management (Preferred)
Jobs that might be of interest: