Training and Performance Coordinator - Vancouver International AirportLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 Mar 2019 | Closes: 13 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America
Training and Performance Coordinator
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Aviation, Canada., including, but not limited to criminal police information check (CPIC), credit references if applicable, work reference checks, minimum age requirements and minimum education requirements (high school or foreign equivalency, or earned GED) Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Reporting to the Training and Performance Manager, the Training and Performance Coordinator is the central point of contact for the Training department. This role will assume responsibility for training and records compliance in line with client expectations. This position will also be responsible for planning and coordinating training, allocating resources, assisting with the development of training programs as required, providing administrative support, and acting as a liaison between CATSA and the Aviation division.
Specific Task or Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal departments in all training and performance- related matters
- Responsible for administrative tracking of all internal and external training as well as database management
- Receive, track, and create Performance Events Report (PER) files; track and verify all hours related to the PER; send the PERs for closure
- Schedule and coordinate all CATSA/G4S Training for the Pacific Region (including travel, hotel and per diem requests)
- Grade all training activities for YVR and maintain data integrity in LMS including RAIC expiry, CATSA medicals, creating new LMS profiles
- Track all leaves over 30 days for Screening Officers and send activation and inactivation requests to CATSA, coordinate with internal departments to facilitate the return of Screening Officers from leaves
- Develop new tracking programs/processes as required for all training initiatives
- Collect data and create graphs and/or pivot tables to provide meaningful reports to the Training and Performance Manager
- Track and monitor all training including but not limited to SOF, CATSA+, and PERs to ensure timely completion within the given timeline, and send extension requests to the Manager as required
- Maintain all Payroll, Health and Safety, On-boarding and Capacity processes
- Ad hoc duties or projects as assigned by the Training & Performance Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Experience and Certifications Required:
- Post-secondary education or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Must be eligible to attain and maintain the appropriate level of Federal and Transport Canada security clearance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in related business fields with experience in planning and coordinating, as well as providing administrative and clerical work
- Must possess Intermediate to Advanced skills level in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
- Attention to detail and ability to take initiative, and multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to create graphs and pivot tables with Microsoft Excel to provide meaningful reports to the management teams
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Adaptability to changing circumstances with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor with ability to develop cooperative working relationships in all areas of the business
- Ability to self-manage workload
- Proficient in the use of computer software including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to listen attentively and maintain respectful and cooperative relationships with stakeholders, employees and co-workers
- Ability to type 60 WPM
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services in YVR and 20 other airports throughout BC and the Yukon Territory in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Jobs that might be of interest:Training and Performance Specialist - YVR (INTERNAL POSTING)
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Betriebsfeuerwehr (m/w) Großraum Innsbruck
Location: Großraum Innsbruck
Apply now Betriebsfeuerwehr (m/w)
Apply now Revierfahrer (m/w)
Apply now Mitarbeiter (m/w) für die Parkraumüberwachung
Location: Brixental Tirol