Trainer Atlanta, Georgia Competitive with Great Benefits
TrainerLocation: Atlanta, Georgia | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 22 Jun 2020 | Closes: 22 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L3742188/193445
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Trainer. As a Trainer, you will ensure that the training provided to uniformed services employees provided at any client facilities within their respective area meets or exceeds the requirements set forth in policy, contracts, and applicable laws. The Trainer continually develops and maintains working relationships with operational department employees and other management departments to improve on employer and employee relations.
The Trainer will be setting branch-level strategy for training in an effort to onboard and train the highest quality of security personnel. This role will design and implement quality assurance programs to ensure contract compliance and develop training programs designed to resolve deficiencies.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Interact with all levels of management to ensure successful daily operations are met
- Maintain positive working relationships with the community to ensure successful client relationships
- Ensure that G4S contract requirements, training and development have been followed
- Manage the office’s safety program with assistance from the Operations Manager through this program rapidly and thoroughly address any safety incidents
- Certify compliance to G4S systems and procedures such as SecureTrax as well as accurate time and attendance disciplines and corrections
- Address any issues, provide feedback to ensure that the needs of each individual client are heard and are being met
- Document, revise and advise action plans to improve scheduling performance and function as it pertains to non-billed overtime (NBOT) and fulfilling client relationships
- Understand and communicate the State Licensing requirements for unarmed and armed security officers for all the states in their respective office
- Maintain frequent and positive contact with customers and the general public to ensure interactions are in alignment with the G4S core values
- Review Key performance indicators on a day-to-day basis in order to maintain control over operations
- Coordinate with Human Resources on new hire availability, qualifications and schedule as needed
- Provide equipment to new employees or replacement to existing employees as necessary to ensure full contract compliance for the customer
- Attend weekly meetings with Operations Management, Human Resource Management, and labor scheduling to align operational goals
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree combined with one (1) year of classroom instructor experience
- Associate’s Degree combined with three (3) years of classroom instructor experience
- High School diploma or equivalent combined with five (5) years of classroom instructor experience
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing as required to include, but not limited to:
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified Instructor with a vendor utilized by G4S or the client
- Instructor certifications in supplement training areas as required by local office (i.e., OC Spray, Baton Techniques, Handcuffing, Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), Defensive Tactics, Taser certification, Practical Driver Training Courses, or any other client-specific training as required)
- Must have a valid driver’s license or be able to pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Work history must include demonstration of:
- Excellent organizational skills that include the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external leadership team members
- Strong facilitation skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Mostly indoor with minimal outdoor exposure to extreme cold/heat.
Major activity: Standing, speaking, walking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, sitting, with minimal and kneeling
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: