Town Enquiry Officer - Boston - Part time flexi 20/30 hours per weekLocation: Boston | Salary: £18,870 rising to £20,409.79 after 6 months (pro rata for part time) | Posted: 21 Dec 2021 | Closes: 4 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Policing and Resourcing Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G21/149
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Town Enquiry Officer.
This is a part time position, working on a flexi 20/30 hour contract. This is a base of 20 hours per week with the expectation to flex up to 30 hours per week based on business need. The post is based at Boston Station.
The successful candidate will provide an efficient and comprehensive enquiry service to members of the public both face to face and via the telephone. Additionally to provide a wide-ranging and well organised administration service to departments based within the station.
Please note that that role requires Recruitment Vetting, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
Please be aware the contract between G4S Policing Services and Lincolnshire Police ceases on 31 March 2022. Where there is a requirement for services to continue beyond this date, roles may be TUPE transferred to the new employer responsible for delivering the services from 1 April 2022 onwards, but at this stage we are working through with Lincolnshire Police what the new provision of services will look like and we would then discuss any impacts with staff once we have this information.
- To deal with enquiries from members of the public, visitors and colleagues, both in person and over the telephone.
- To provide advice on a variety of topics including crime, crime prevention and the use of support organisations.
- Examine and record details of driving documents and conduct all relevant enquiries relating to motorists using PNC, NICHE and NSPIS Command and Control. Releasing seized vehicles within SOCAP legislation.
- Receive and record details of lost and found property within NICHE, making necessary investigations on all Police computer systems to reunite owners with property and arrange for appropriate storage or transfer.
- Accurately check and record details of documents produced by members of the public, completing appropriate documentation and checking/updating computer systems.
- To deal with persons answering court and police bail, or reporting to a Police station for other purposes, ensuring NICHE and PNC records are accurately maintained and incidents created on NSPIS Command & Control when applicable. .
- Record details of people subject to Football Banning Orders, Sex Offender Registration, Immigration Service requirements etc. and maintain associated records on NICHE and PNC.
- To operate agreed systems for the issue and receipt of monies in accordance with Force procedures.
- Create and amend incident logs on NSPIS Command & Control in line with the National Standard of Incident Recording (NSIR) and Force policies and create computerised diary appointments for officers when applicable.
- To view Crown DMS for any queries relating to Officers duties.
- To competently use NSPIS Command and Control, Niche, PNC, Genie, Crown DMS, Origin DMS computer systems.
- To control entry to the Police office, arranging escorts, visitor passes and car park passes.
- General administration duties including stationery stock ordering, filing and the use of office equipment.
- Provide support/cover within other Town Enquiry Offices across Lincolnshire.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering a high standard of service with an emphasis on quality at all times.
- Treat all people with dignity and respect at all times.
- To undertake continuous training and development relevant to the role by NCALT computer system and any other means.
- Have an awareness of the Data Protection Act 1998, Computer Misuse Act 1991 and the disclosure rules regarding incident logs and other records, and their use as evidence in court and their implications
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of providing customer advice in a busy environment on a wide variety of issues
- Experience of dealing with people in difficult, sometimes confrontational circumstances.
- Experience of inputting and maintaining computerised and manual systems.
- Experience of working with minimal supervision, organising and prioritising own workload.
- Experience of working to deadlines and tight timescales within a pressurised environment.
- Experience of working on own imitative, investigating problems, developing solutions and taking appropriate timely action to resolve them.
- Experience of producing accurate information and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience of maintaining strict confidentiality, using tact and diplomacy where applicable.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working practices, hours and work location.
- Full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- 3 GCE/GCSE Grade C or above including English Language and Mathematics.
- Customer Service qualification or proof of attending an in house training course in customer service.
- Experience of using Microsoft Software applications i.e. MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cleaner (Term Time Only)
Location: LE5 6LN, Leicester
Apply now Cleaners - Leicester
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Cleaner
Location: LE5 6LN
Apply now Area Premises Officer
Location: LE5 6HP, Leicester
Apply now Cleaner
Location: LE4 7GY, Leicester