Town Enquiry Officer - Boston (Flexi role)Location: Boston | Salary: £17,643 based on full time 40 hours per week. Actual salary will be pro rata. | Posted: 30 Oct 2019 | Closes: 15 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19/135
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a Town Enquiry Officer based at Boston.This role is a pivotal part of how the public of Lincolnshire interact with the Police, and will be the first point of contact when they walk into a Police Station. The range of enquiries that come into stations each deal a hugely varied, meaning no day will ever be the same.
As well as being part of a successful global organisation, you will have access to a brand new on-site gym, generous employer pension contributions, and 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro-rata). You will be part of an experienced and successful team, with public service at the core of what they do.
This role has a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours per week averaged over a five week cycle, with a requirement for up to an average of 30 hours a week as business needs arise; 6 weeks notice will be given where uplifted hours are required. Any hours required over an average of 30 hours per week may be taken up at the discretion of the employee where available. The flexible nature of this role means that hours are arranged over days, evenings and weekends.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide an efficient and comprehensive enquiry service to members of the public both face to face and via the telephone. Additionally they will provide a wide-ranging and well organised administration service to departments based within the station.
- To deal with enquiries from members of the public, visitors and colleagues, both in person and over the telephone.
- To provide advice on a variety of topics including crime, crime prevention and the use of support organisations.
- Examine and record details of driving documents and conduct all relevant enquiries relating to motorists.
- Receive and record details of lost and found property, making necessary investigations to reunite owners with property and arrange for appropriate storage or transfer.
- Accurately check and record details of documents produced by members of the public, completing appropriate documentation.
- To deal with persons answering court and police bail, or reporting to a Police station for other purposes, ensuring records are accurately maintained.
- Record details of people subject to Football Banning Orders, Sex Offender Registration, Immigration Service requirements etc. and maintain associated records.
- To operate agreed systems for the issue and receipt of monies in accordance with Force procedures.
- Create and amend incident logs in line with the National Standard of Incident Recording (NSIR) and Force policies and create diary appointments for officers when applicable.
- To control entry to the Police office, arranging escorts, visitor passes and car park passes.
- General administration duties including stationery stock ordering, filing and the use of office equipment.
- Provide support/cover within other Town Enquiry Offices across Lincolnshire.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering a high standard of service with an emphasis on quality at all times.
- Treat all people with dignity and respect at all times.
- To undertake continuous training and development relevant to the role.
- Have an awareness of the Data Protection Act 1998, Computer Misuse Act 1991 and the disclosure rules regarding incident logs and other records, and their use as evidence in court and their implications.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Understanding the Organisation’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- RSA Level 1/2 or equivalent in Word Processing or substantial experience in keyboard skills
- Experience of providing customer advice in a busy environment on a wide variety of issues
- Experience of dealing with people in difficult, sometimes confrontational circumstances.
- Experience of inputting and maintaining computerised and manual systems.
- Experience of working with minimal supervision, organising and prioritising own workload.
- Experience of working to deadlines and tight timescales within a pressurised environment.
- Experience of working on own imitative, investigating problems, developing solutions and taking appropriate timely action to resolve them.
- Experience of producing accurate information and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience of maintaining strict confidentiality, using tact and diplomacy where applicable.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working practices, hours and work location.
- Full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- 3 GCE/GCSE Grade C or above including English Language and Mathematics.
- Customer Service qualification or proof of attending an in house training course in customer service.
- Experience of using Microsoft Software applications i.e. MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.