Tier 3 Support Engineer Charlotte, North Carolina Competitive
Tier 3 Support EngineerLocation: Charlotte, North Carolina | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 15 Oct 2020 | Closes: 31 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US – AMAG Technology | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NC101520T3TS
AMAG Technology is searching for a responsible Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer to resolve complex and unique technological issues involving AMAG software and hardware’s interface with video equipment from various manufacturers and AMAG Access Control systems.
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service at all times.
- Provide support for Symmetry including all strategic 3rd party integrations (Intrusion, Intercom, IP Video).
- Prepare documentation for Tier 3 services rendered. (All requirements are software and hardware support program related)
- Provide Tier 2 level phone support duties when not performing onsite services.
- Take ownership of Tier 2 tickets that aren’t resolved in a timely fashion while working with the original assignee.
- Travel to customer sites as necessary to test, troubleshoot and resolve product problems.
- Prepare technical onsite trip reports for all services rendered when travel has become necessary.
- Work closely with Technical Services, Hardware and Software Engineers to gain competence in the product’s operational characteristics.
- Support other departments in need of Technical Services such as Engineering, Sales staff and development when necessary.
- Develop test fixtures to carry out tasks associated with issues reported in a manner that will simulate the product's intended operating environment.
- Respond positively when under pressure, multi-task and to deal with conflict / crisis (i.e. realize something is important or will quickly become critical) on large-scale products
- Conduct tests on new components, assemblies, and systems, based on written or oral procedures and instructions.
- Support any department in need of technical support such as Engineering, Customer service, Reliability and Maintainability, MIS and Quality engineering as appropriate.
- Maintenance of tech support hardware systems (servers, hubs, switches, routers).
- Installation, upgrade, support of systems hardware and software and server/network problem identification and resolution.
- Maintenance of tech support software systems including Windows Server, Terminal services, Virtual Machines
- Thorough knowledge in IP, DNS, AD and firewall configuration.
- Serve as a senior LAN Administrator to identify, design, implement and plan network, hardware and software needs.
- Design networks, optimize LAN performance and resolve connectivity issues, including LAN/WAN connectivity issues as needed to technical support hardware.
- Develop and maintain server configuration standards for assigned servers for tech support.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, specialized computer systems training, or work equivalent.
- Knowledge of tools of the trade i.e. Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Software utilities, and Microsoft diagnostic software Analyzers.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and information security disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft client and server operating systems, Microsoft Cluster software, NEC Express Cluster, and associated installation, configuration, support and management best practices preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency.
- Provide expertise regarding personal computer hardware and software, network hardware (file server, NIC, cabling), network operating systems (e.g. Windows server 2008, 2003, etc.) and Windows XP and later.
- Experience in dealing with PC hardware and software manufacturers and dealers and possess the ability to plan and direct the growth and expansion of PC networks, both wide area and local to train new users concerning LAN/WAN networks.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry certification preferred.
- Experience and/or certifications in one (1) or more of the following key technologies is desirable.
- Access Control, Badging and Visitor Management Systems
- CCTV, Surveillance, Analytics and IP Video Management Systems
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Systems
- Ethernet Switches and Routers
- Servers and IT Infrastructure including SAN, NAS and Cloud Storage Systems
- Useful Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Useful Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, etc.) PSIM (NICE, VidSys, Sureview, etc.) Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony), Intrusion Detection (DMP), Networking (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, Ciena, Aviat, Dragonwave, Firetide, etc.)
About the Company:
AMAG Technology, Inc.’s Symmetry Security Management Systems can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, retail and banking. Based in Torrance, California with sales and support located throughout the U.S., AMAG sells its products through its certified resellers throughout North America. AMAG Technology is part of G4S, the world’s largest security company. AMAG Technology has been at the forefront of access control technology for over 30 years. As AMAG Technology looks to the future, the next generation of products will bring the core aspects of security to the next step beyond integrated solutions – Symmetry™.
Jobs that might be of interest:Tier 3 Support Engineer - Electronic Security
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Apply now Tier 3 Support Engineer
Location: East Coast, United States
Apply now Service Technician
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Apply now Service Technician
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Apply now Service Technician
Location: London, Ontario