Test Lab Technician City of Industry, California Competitive
Test Lab TechnicianLocation: City of Industry, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 14 Nov 2018 | Closes: 31 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: CA111418TLT
G4S Secure Integration is a market-leading systems integrator who brings innovative, flexible and cost-efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and security systems. We are seeking a test lab technician who will be responsible for ensuring the quality and performance of multiple electronic security projects. The test lab Technician will provide an independent, objective view of the quality of systems as evidenced through testing and identification of system defects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Perform tests of system configuration, system components, and factory acceptance test to ensure the highest quality is maintained throughout the development of the system.
- Document test successes and test defects using test management software
- Execute test plans to test computer hardware, software, and systems with attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Document successful test activities and test anomalies in detail, using test management software.
- Learn features and functions of new components and develop or edit tests to match.
- Summarize test results in Software Verification and Validation Reports.
- Provide routine progress updates.
- Work with team to improve testing strategies and find efficiencies.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Without a degree, a minimum of two to three years of experience in the electronic security or IT industries.
- Knowledge of physical security systems and Video Management Systems a plus.
- General computer skills and experience with Microsoft Windows and desktop applications
- Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written
An industry software testing certification is highly encouraged but not required:
- ISTQB Certified Tester—Foundation Level
- QAI Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
- QAI Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST)
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English technical language and be able to effectively interpret requirements, technical instructions, and test procedures as well as document progress and technical findings.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. There is low to moderate noise in this work environment.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Quality Engineer
Location: City of Industry, California
Apply now Service Engineer
Apply now Systems Engineer - Reigate
Location: Remote Worker covering the Reigate area
Apply now Systems Engineer I
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Apply now Systems Engineer
Location: Remote worker Mansfield & Nottingham areas